SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Cracked open the MMCS last night and it is really good. Pretty much everything a barrel strength wheater should be, imo. I will be stocking up.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Got an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (12 year, Batch #10, 138.8 proof!) for $59.99 OTD. I gotta' stop having Blanton's for lunch! Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
nice. i picked up bottle of iw harper 15 for a friend and a gift for them as well. Its a diegio blend.

still waiting on midwinters night dram. going to be buying season before we know it.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
138.8?

Nice.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's pretty close to ECBP #6, the infamous "Hazmat" batch at 140.2.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
Wow. That's pretty close to ECBP #6, the infamous "Hazmat" batch at 140.2.

Yup, it is! Might have to make the "Mother of all Iceballs" to drink this nuclear dram (heh, heh)! Eek

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Been busy on the bourbon front lately - bought Henry McKenna 10yr BIB and a H. W. Dant handle of BIB on one trip to NYC (but not in The City). Picked up some bottles of Rock Hill Farms, Hancock's President's Reserve and a handle of Ancient Age on another.

Can't find any of them around here. Now that the Derby is over, going to open them all (but not all at once!). Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

P.S. - The ECBP is truly delicious, neat! Only had one, tho'. Wink

I miss Erhardt!

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
just some Old Forester juleps on saturday for me...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Finally scored a bottle of Buffalo Trace. For $28 it can't be beat.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Got the new knob creek 15 yr release.

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Wow - we haven't seen it up here yet! Let us know what you think for aged KC, pls. Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:
Wow - we haven't seen it up here yet! Let us know what you think for aged KC, pls. Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

Might be awhile. But will do. Still have unopened jeffersons cask strength and a few others.

Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Picked up 3 bottles of Rock Hill Farms, but passed on the EH Taylor Small Batch. I love the barrel proof, so the small batch doesn't do much for me. Virginia got 150 bottles of the Seasoned Wood and distributed them via internet lottery, so I missed that as well.

Anybody seen the spring release of Elmer yet?

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
Picked up 3 bottles of Rock Hill Farms, but passed on the EH Taylor Small Batch. I love the barrel proof, so the small batch doesn't do much for me. Virginia got 150 bottles of the Seasoned Wood and distributed them via internet lottery, so I missed that as well.

Anybody seen the spring release of Elmer yet?

I, too, got some RHFs over the weekend to bunker up my open bottle - looks like they're showing up again. But I had to drive thru Connecticut to find it (dang taxes on hooch!). Mad

But no ETL in CT or here in MetroWest Boston yet . . . . . . . waiting. Roll Eyes

I did, however, have a couple of drams of The Macallan Rare Cask (I know it's not bourbon!) at my birthday dinner at The Capital Grill last night (the kids bought). Yummy beyond good (both the scotch and the steak with a bottle of 2007 Flora Springs Trilogy from my locker). Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Whats RHF taste like? I feel like a blantons ripoff. I heard seasoned wood was a bust anyway for 80 bucks, dont sweat it.

Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I'm not very good at describing how things taste, but I would call RHF mature and balanced with a depth of flavor I like and medium mouthfeel, none of which are overly strong. Not too sweet either for a bourbon that tastes to me like it's caramel forward. It reminds me of the better bottles of Blanton's I've had. At $57.00 here and 100 proof, I consider it a very good value. Reviews are generally very positive, and despite that it flies under the radar a bit. Around here it's hard to get, but not impossible if you're patient. Very attractive decanter for the bar, if you like such things.

Given the reviews, missing the EHT Seasoned Wood was not a big deal, but it was my first attempt to secure a hard to get bottle via Virginia's new method of online allocation, and it was a charlie foxtrot. They had 150 bottles available but they let more than 1000 people sign up on line for one. That just creates 850 pissed off customers.

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Widow Jane 10yr for $54.99 OTD - yea! Gonna' crack 'er open after the Steel Challenge match tomorrow. I deserve this . . . . . Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Im trying to get a bottle of WJ. Let me know how it is.

To Anyone wondering pass on the jeffersons cask strength. Gross. And i like the voyage 4.

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Im trying to get a bottle of WJ. Let me know how it is.

To Anyone wondering pass on the jeffersons cask strength. Gross. And i like the voyage 4.

If I shoot well today, I deserve it - if I shoot poorly, I'll need it. Let you know how she tastes tomorrow morning. Big Grin

And thanks for the "Heads Up" on the Jeff CS - but I tend not to buy anything from Jefferson 'cause of their marketing hype and price. Mad

Off to the range,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I agree. I got the 4 ocean age as a gift. It fit the bill. Im a sucker for cask strength now... boy major let down. Just burn that $100.