SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Finally made it to K&L Wines in San Francisco's SOMA district last Wednesday. And I thought Boston's traffic was bad . . . . . Mad

Did I miss the glass case of special bourbon or do they only do their store picks online? Very disappointed with their shelf stock of all whiskey. Granted, it was after a long lunch with a bottle of Grgich Hills Chardonnay and the wife at Scoma's in Sausalito, but come ON! Frown

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Something I never thought I’d say on SigForum but....

“How the hell did I mess this thread?”

Research tonight! LOL

Still on my kick to find a bottle of Blantons. Literally impossible in MN, even Total Wine cannot predict when they will get it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
nasty-ass thin and hot Eagle Rare

Are you going to start writing the description cards for bourbon at your local liquor store? Big Grin

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...770087244#1770087244

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Research tonight! LOL

Still on my kick to find a bottle of Blantons. Literally impossible in MN, even Total Wine cannot predict when they will get it.

I haven't seen a bottle of Blanton's at Total Wine in YEARS. They do seem to be getting in bottles of Willet Pot Still Reserve with more frequency. Give that a try while waiting for your Blanton's to appear.

You could also try Ace Spirits over in Hopkins if you're in the Twin Cities. Excellent selection of bourbons. Might find your Balnton's there.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alcohol abuse:

Bardstown Rick house collapses:
http://www.wkyt.com/content/ne...stown-486268611.html

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:

They'll bottle whatever they can salvage and sell it at a premium ALA the E.H. Taylor Tornado Bourbon.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TooTech:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Research tonight! LOL

I haven't seen a bottle of Blanton's at Total Wine in YEARS. They do seem to be getting in bottles of Willet Pot Still Reserve with more frequency. Give that a try while waiting for your Blanton's to appear.

You could also try Ace Spirits over in Hopkins if you're in the Twin Cities. Excellent selection of bourbons. Might find your Balnton's there.

Thank you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:

They'll bottle whatever they can salvage and sell it at a premium ALA the E.H. Taylor Tornado Bourbon.

About six months ago I searched on this and a seller in CA priced it at $1,000. A search before posting now found $1,600 as the going rate.

The 1792 ain't got the same cachet as a BT, nor is an old warehouse imploding sexy.

What will they call it, Rickety Rickhouse Fried Catfish Fell Straight Down Bourbon?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:

About six months ago I searched on this and a seller in CA priced it at $1,000. A search before posting now found $1,600 as the going rate.

The 1792 ain't got the same cachet as a BT, nor is an old warehouse imploding sexy.

What will they call it, Rickety Rickhouse Fried Catfish Fell Straight Down Bourbon?

Actually, BT (Sazarac) owns 1792, and 1792 makes some runs for BT. Honestly, there is no way an outsider knows what was aging (or the age) of the barrels in the house.

I already emailed the distillery and asked if they were having a scratch and dent sale.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rickety Rickhouse Fried Catfish Fell Straight Down Bourbon

Well, it's poetic. It should set the secondary market afire.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Thats too bad geeten! Grgich is good stuff. Folks in thier wine club. Essence might be the best sav blanc ive had. And Milat which isnt made anymore is good too.

As far as 1792...

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was in San Diego last week and to my surprise, Pappy/BTAC was everywhere on store shelves. I was envisioning buying additional luggage to bring it home until I saw it was all priced as if it had already ran the secondary market route. Lot B was $600, OVR was $700, 20yr was $2,000, Stag was $1,000. The selection was great in the stores I visited. Lots of Willet and other gems to be had but I refuse to pay those prices. Oh well, back to the lottery system it is for me. Hope you all have better luck than I

Cheers!

Posts: 283 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
HA you must have been in Hi-Times.

thats not even secondary pricing. Its above secondary. This years pricing is on average.

ORVW = 375
Stagg - 375
WLW - 600ish
PVW15 - 950
PVW20 -1250
PVW23 - 1800

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
ORVW = 375
Stagg - 375
WLW - 600ish
PVW15 - 950
PVW20 -1250
PVW23 - 1800

Even that is stupid high, most of the shops in my area are at msrp, if not they get posted up on all the local bourbon pages and shamed.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
quote:
ORVW = 375
Stagg - 375
WLW - 600ish
PVW15 - 950
PVW20 -1250
PVW23 - 1800

Even that is stupid high, most of the shops in my area are at msrp, if not they get posted up on all the local bourbon pages and shamed.

agree. This is online secondary. But tell me a shop where its on the shelf and you can buy it regularly? market bears the price. Most stores around here it never sees the shelf or is raffled. So you pay if you want it bad enough, or you wait for your luck in a raffle and buy sub par bourbon at 50 a pop. 6 of those = some good stuff. Mind you I dont drink regularly.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
A few stores raffle them off but most save them for the regular customers.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Same here. I can usually get one sans raffle. Last year ended up with 3.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Snagged 2 willet 4 yr rye WFE. 52 a pop OTD

posted Hide Post
Costco moved into the barrel pick game and since they picked barrels of Four Roses and Russell’s Reserve and sell at Costco prices they got some money out of me. The RR will be my drink tomorrow. The Roses need to be picked up from a friend.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Costco moved into the barrel pick game and since they picked barrels of Four Roses and Russell’s Reserve and sell at Costco prices they got some money out of me. The RR will be my drink tomorrow. The Roses need to be picked up from a friend.

Nice hopefully they have someone worth a shit picking them. I just got a Lincoln Road 4R. Those guys have notoriously good picks.