SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do, don't mix if with Coke.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Whatever you do, don't mix if with Coke.

Smile

If I do itll be the best damn bourbon and coke ever.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy all the fantas and find your favorite mixer

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Lol berto

Ill bet somewhere is a guy who used to drink van winkle and coke. Hes pissed now that he cant find it but you know its true.

The question is would you trade a pvw 15 for a btac set? Or 3:1 anyway.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Fuck it, just make a cooler full of jungle juice with it.

Smile

Seriously, though, me, I'd keep it, but I love that particular expression.

You, trade it for 3:1 or better BTAC.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Fuck it, just make a cooler full of jungle juice with it.

Smile

Seriously, though, me, I'd keep it, but I love that particular expression.

You, trade it for 3:1 or better BTAC.

I just cant decide! I suppose if I gotta ask I should keep it.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
In the end it's just a killer wheater, one of the best even.

But if that doesn't sway you sufficiently, trade it off and get more.

It's obscenely overvalued for what it is.

A WLW, GTS, and Handy would be a pretty awesome deal.

posted Hide Post
WLW, THH, and GTS for a PVW 15 is a pretty sweet deal for you unless you really really love the 15.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ya it really is. I have 2 staggs this year, lol. 1 got 1 thru trade. Thatd have me set for awhile vs 1 pvw15 id rarely drink

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Sweet karma, thanks broseph.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
PVW15 is the best I've ever tasted but I'd still make that trade. (And then trade the Handy away, too.)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10464 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Found a few bottles of OGD 114 tonight. We still think its going the way of the dodo soon?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10464 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
According to Chuck Cowdery, IIRC it was his blog, OGD 114 will remain available. I may scout out a Willette to accompany the Lagunitas Willitized Stout.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
46n2 - LOL!

OGD 114 is here to stay. Beam circulated rumor to get rid of some probably. Everyone thought they would repackage it under basil haydens cask for 40 bucks. jerks.

Is it a WIllett rye or bourbon Kablammo? either might be tough to find.

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Went to a PVW tasting Saturday night with a friend and my son. $80 head got to try each of the following

All were very good to spectacular. I had high hopes for the 15 as that is what everyone seemed to rave about. It was excellent but for me the 20 stole the show. It had a much more unique flavor profile and after trying to pinpoint it as being close to a fennel or licorice, my friend nailed it with describing it as having a hint of anise. Not overwhelming, just lingering in the finish.

The 12 was my second favorite. So smooth and easy to drink.

For nosing the 23 stole the show by a good margin. The taste was the oakiest, understandably, but the nosing had almost a very mellow pipe smoke flavor. It was so good that we kept finding ourselves pulling our glass out of our pockets afterwards and taking nose hits off of the residue in the glass (it was the last pour)

They had a lottery for the few bottles they had, a few 10's, 2 12s and a 15. The 10s were $150, the 12 $99 (?) and the 15 $249. I didn't win but that was ok because I'd already picked up a 10 a couple of weeks ago for under $90.

The next day I got a call from another liquor store telling me I'd one a lottery and there was a 10 waiting for me there. $62 Cool I sent my wife to pick it up and she thanked them. The lady said "well I looked at his rewards account and,well, we like to take care of those who take care of us." Eek oops! Maybe if I step it up in 2018 I'll get a 12 or 20.

I feel like I've done well for myself in my first year of whiskey hunting. Some good finds including two Pappy's where some see none for years.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12928 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Went to a PVW tasting Saturday night with a friend and my son. $80 head got to try each of the following

All were very good to spectacular. I had high hopes for the 15 as that is what everyone seemed to rave about. It was excellent but for me the 20 stole the show. It had a much more unique flavor profile and after trying to pinpoint it as being close to a fennel or licorice, my friend nailed it with describing it as having a hint of anise. Not overwhelming, just lingering in the finish.

The 12 was my second favorite. So smooth and easy to drink.

For nosing the 23 stole the show by a good margin. The taste was the oakiest, understandably, but the nosing had almost a very mellow pipe smoke flavor. It was so good that we kept finding ourselves pulling our glass out of our pockets afterwards and taking nose hits off of the residue in the glass (it was the last pour)

They had a lottery for the few bottles they had, a few 10's, 2 12s and a 15. The 10s were $150, the 12 $99 (?) and the 15 $249. I didn't win but that was ok because I'd already picked up a 10 a couple of weeks ago for under $90.

The next day I got a call from another liquor store telling me I'd one a lottery and there was a 10 waiting for me there. $62 Cool I sent my wife to pick it up and she thanked them. The lady said "well I looked at his rewards account and,well, we like to take care of those who take care of us." Eek oops! Maybe if I step it up in 2018 I'll get a 12 or 20.

I feel like I've done well for myself in my first year of whiskey hunting. Some good finds including two Pappy's where some see none for years.

Im not surprised that if you liked the 20 more, that you like the 12 yr lot b too. Too me those taste more similar and the 10orvw and pvw15 are sweeter and of more similar profiles.

I don't get anise on the 20, but I find the 12 has a sort of medicinal taste to them(maybe thats anise but I hate anise). Which is why I traded off my lot b this year.

Better be careful telling us bourbon snobs you found two pappys. ORVW and lot B is not Pappy Big Grin Wink

is that a 1792 barrel pick in the background?

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I despise anise, liquorice, chartreuse, cloves, fennel, jager, etc.

No wonder I like the other ones better. Smile

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I don't know if that 1792 was a Barrel pick or not.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12928 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
That gold sticker usually means so. Unless it won whiskey of the year but I dont think it did.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Btac mini verticals tonight. Who lawd that 2012 WLW is so damn good.