SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Snagged a midwinter night's dram act 5 scene 6 today.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Yea! Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:
Yea! Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

Make that two but ones a gift. You got fedex geeten!!! Just kiddin Wink

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

Make that two but ones a gift. You got fedex geeten!!! Just kiddin Wink

Or not - e-mail inbound! Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
46n2 u got mail.

Check my profile and re-send it please, I've updated my email address here. Thanks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
46n2 u got mail.

Check my profile and re-send it please, I've updated my email address here. Thanks.

sent

Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
About 3 years ago I ordered a case of Weller 12. I was told VA only saw a 3-4 cases a year, and not to hold my breath. That was before we went to a lottery system, and I hadn't seen anything from the old system since shortly after the lottery started.

A buddy of mine was checking in with the local store manager who mentioned he had 6 bottles coming in next week They checked the paperwork to see if they were his, turns out they are mine. He called with the good news and, of course, has already started working me for a couple bottles.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
out liquor store got 28 bottles of W12 and including some of the big bottles. I went 45 mins after the facebook announcement and 1 bottle per person and I showed up to none....

I still have a bottle from last year and it's not my favorite but I was shocked how quickly it moved from 10-1045am.

I believe this is due to the price. good bourbon at an affordable price. I was able to be 3 days late to the midwinters nights dram and there were still 6 on the shelf.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Revisiting some old bottles this evening.

Boy angels envy is still not so great.

ER17 has caught my interest though, wasnt a big fan before but I'm coming around,

posted Hide Post
Just got the notification email from the PA LCB that I was selected in their limited release lottery for a bottle of George T. Stagg 129.2 proof bourbon. They had a limited release of Sazerac Buffalo Trace Antique Collection spirits, and the Stagg was 1 of 124 they lotteried. There was a grand total of 36,000 entries for 902 total bottles. There were 3 winners of a 5-bottle set. The five different bourbons in the collection are Sazerac Rye 18 year old (90 proof); Eagle Rare 17 year old (90 proof); George T. Stagg 129.2 proof; William L. Weller 128.2 proof; and Thomas H. Handy 127.2 proof.
They also lotteried 30 individual bottles of the Sazerac Rye, 69 bottles of the Eagle Rare, 124 bottles of the Stagg, 144 bottles of the Weller and 307 bottles of the Handy for PA retail customers. This is the 3rd lottery in a row that I have hit, the first was an Old Rip Van Winkle 10-year old, the second was a Taylor 4-grain. Smile The lottery drawing gives you the rights to purchase the bottle that you were drawn for, at PALCB price, in this case $99.95 for any of the single bottles. The 5-bottle collection was priced at $599.95.

Posts: 215 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PghPI:
Just got the notification email from the PA LCB that I was selected in their limited release lottery for a bottle of George T. Stagg 129.2 proof bourbon. They had a limited release of Sazerac Buffalo Trace Antique Collection spirits, and the Stagg was 1 of 124 they lotteried. There was a grand total of 36,000 entries for 902 total bottles. There were 3 winners of a 5-bottle set. The five different bourbons in the collection are Sazerac Rye 18 year old (90 proof); Eagle Rare 17 year old (90 proof); George T. Stagg 129.2 proof; William L. Weller 128.2 proof; and Thomas H. Handy 127.2 proof.
They also lotteried 30 individual bottles of the Sazerac Rye, 69 bottles of the Eagle Rare, 124 bottles of the Stagg, 144 bottles of the Weller and 307 bottles of the Handy for PA retail customers. This is the 3rd lottery in a row that I have hit, the first was an Old Rip Van Winkle 10-year old, the second was a Taylor 4-grain. Smile The lottery drawing gives you the rights to purchase the bottle that you were drawn for, at PALCB price, in this case $99.95 for any of the single bottles. The 5-bottle collection was priced at $599.95.

Ha ha - at least you got the chance to buy BTAC and Pappy. I got nuthin' in the Great Total Wine Pappy and BTAC online sale today! What were they thinking - stupid bean counters . . . .

"A Notice Concerning Pappy Van Winkle and Buffalo Trace"

"Due to system issues, we have postponed the allocation of Pappy Van Winkle and Buffalo Trace. We apologize for any inconvenience but we can assure you that none of our customers have or will receive access until a rescheduled date.

We will email you once a new date has been determined."

Lots of Grand Reserve members spent/wasted a lot of time today trying to get to the website for a "first come, first served" opportunity to buy one (1) bottle at MSRP only to find the couldn't log on to the website (it crashed 30 minutes before the sale was supposed to start). Mad

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
BTAC Handy, Stagg, and WLWeller are some of my favorites, ever. Most years I paid no more than $80/ea for them. I will reluctantly pay upward of twice that for them nowadays, which is irritating, but there's no real competition for either of the three so it is what it is.

The Eagle Rare (BTAC and regular) are hit and miss, to me, and Sazerac18 is that way, too. I quit buying both of these some years back. Not enough wow factor for the cost/chase.

Enjoy, and congratulations on winning those lotto places. You guys have it rough.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
BTAC Handy, Stagg, and WLWeller are some of my favorites, ever. Most years I paid no more than $80/ea for them. I will reluctantly pay upward of twice that for them nowadays, which is irritating, but there's no real competition for either of the three so it is what it is.

The Eagle Rare (BTAC and regular) are hit and miss, to me, and Sazerac18 is that way, too. I quit buying both of these some years back. Not enough wow factor for the cost/chase.

Enjoy, and congratulations on winning those lotto places. You guys have it rough.

Still waiting on you to hook me up with the ER17 and Saz! Smile email sent.

posted Hide Post
I am semi serious about this, but is anybody willing to split a barrel of Trace? I have an option to get a barrel this fall, but will have to work "outside of state" b/c NC will not fulfill a barrel.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
I am semi serious about this, but is anybody willing to split a barrel of Trace? I have an option to get a barrel this fall, but will have to work "outside of state" b/c NC will not fulfill a barrel.

There are too many barrel picks in my area to want to do that.

posted Hide Post
Ordered a bottle of Old Forester Birthday Nourbon today. Trade bait for better things to come.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
There's just no real reason to bother with something like that, most of the time. It very likely won't be any better than off the shelf BT, or one of a dozen similar things from every big and some small liquor stores, and it won't be any cheaper, either.

Just buy a few cases or something, if you love BT that much.

The current demand of most particularly good whiskey all but ensures they'll not sell you or anyone a barrel of anything special, anyway.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:

Not of regular BT. Locals have their picks and I don't bother. If you need a shop I know some guys but the CA to NC part will kill ya.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Snagged a WIlliam Heaven Hill hill 14 yr 5th edition, liquor barn private select makers 46 cask, the whiskey wash magazine private select makers 46 cask strength, and unfortunately a barterhouse. Who wants to trade? Smile

posted Hide Post
Just saw a note today that there will be no 13 year old Pappy Van Winkle Rye sold this year. Distillery only has 12 year old inventory, so rather than remove the 13 year old label, they are just skipping the rye this year.....

Posts: 215 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post