SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Killer write up. Glad you got to try all that stuff. Every report I've seen said the old Willett's were the clear winners. I would have guessed that going in.

Hey berto,

Thanks - means a lot coming from you. Added a few more tidbits from the SB.com write-up, too. Wink

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2750 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I need to do another distillery run. Anyone get to try the new 4 year willlet FE rye or bobo? I still have a 12 yr i havent cracked and a 13 yr half empty that was wheated and delicious. All plum tasting an stuff

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 7101 | Location: Kansas | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
$3000

(ginormous eyeroll)

I bet it's good, though. Smile

Posts: 20467 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I pop into the tread from-time-to-time...

GREAT POST GeeTen!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 3727 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd ask this here.

I picked up two bottles of the latest ECBP. So I grabbed the release 10, I have had in storage since spring of 16. The cork had shrunk so much it doesn't seal the bottle. The plastic holding the top on was in place and there isn't a noticeable amount evaporated, a little hard to tell due to the fact I spilled a little taking off the plastic from around the top.

I store unopen bottles in my basement which is cool year round.

Just curious has anyone had a cork shrink this much in just 16-18 months. I suspect it was a bad cork when I bought it.

Should I seal the top on with saran wrap (wrapping tape around the top seems like a bad idea)

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4162 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
If I have a cork issue I've only ever used a replacement cork (usually from another bottle of the same whiskey) and treated them as open bottles, assuming it hasn't affected the flavor. I've never tried to (re)seal it and keep it as backstock.

Posts: 20467 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post