Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destiny 2 Beta Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
I know we had some Destiny players here so I'm wondering if any of you are playing the beta?

It is definitely more like Destiny 1.5 from what I've seen but I get why the original probably needed to be ended. I do wish we could keep shaders and emblems and such but I'm over it.

I like being able to have two of the same type gun in my first and second slot. I hate that shotguns are now in the heavy, or "power", slot. Bungie always hated shotguns. I'm also not sure that the game will have the staying power of Destiny 1 as I understand that all guns with the same name will all have the same roll. I spent a lot of hours playing just for the "God roll" on multiple guns in Destiny and now once you've got it you've got it. It will take a lot away from the game IMO. Finally PvP being 4v4 sucks. The best part about Destiny was playing with large squads of my friends and so I hate being limited to 4.

Still I'm having fun with the beta and already preordered Destiny 2 with the season pass.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I like that it's available for PC. I never played the first because it was console only and I don't do FPS on that format. It'll be an entirely new experience for me, but I'm waiting for the actual release.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I was a huge Destiny 1 nerd. Have the latest Triumph T-shirt, and could have got a second, because I dual-consoled, but I elected to not participate in the Beta. I kind of feel like betas are too much of a tease. Have fun.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
A great opening story and solo type mission, then 1 strike and 2 crucible matches to play. The strike is fun, though kind of short. Very limited number of weapons and they all had the same stats. It feels like the beta was thrown together really quick like and i bet they lwft out a ton of stuff on purpose. I preordered the digital edition so I'm stuck with it, good or bad. The last fun i had with video games was the first destiny and ESO, its mostly the mic chat with my cousin and a couple old friends, thats what makes the game for me.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I played the beta today. It's not changed the fact that I will play it. There needs to be some balancing done, but, hey, it's beta.

I was always more of a primary weapons guy so the crucible favors my play style.

The new mode sucks. I played it once and have zero intention of ever playing it again. I have enjoyed control though

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post