SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    best tv and silver screen Cop dies ( Clifton JAmes)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

best tv and silver screen Cop dies ( Clifton JAmes) Login/Join 
posted
Clifton James, a veteran actor who appeared as Sheriff J.W. Pepper in two James Bond films, died Saturday morning at age 96.

James died just blocks away from his childhood home, surrounded by friends and family, loved ones told Variety in a statement.

Clifton was born in 1920, the eldest child of Grace and Harry James, and grew up just outside Portland, Oregon during the heart of the Great Depression.

According to relatives, he fought for five years on the front lines of the South Pacific, earning two Purple Hearts and a Silver Star for his service during World War II.

His acting career spanned nearly six decades, and included theater, film, and television. First appearing on stage in “The Time of Your Life,” he would go on to perform in several Broadway shows, including the Pulitzer Prize-winning drama “All The Way Home.”

https://www.youtube.com/result..._query=clifton+james

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was in one of my favorites, Rancho Deluxe....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spends a night in the box!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
So many roles... and yet the line I always think of when I see him is in stupid Superman 2. "They have a wide selection."
RIP sir.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
he did a very good job in Will Penny also

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I liked him in John Sayle's Lone Star.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post