SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Timeless: Cancelled Or Renewed? UPDATED: Un-Canceled!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Timeless: Cancelled Or Renewed? UPDATED: Un-Canceled! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
This is driving me nuts! I can't find anything online about the fate of Timeless, I really hope they give them one more year to wrap this thing up!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Give it time.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Did they film more episodes than they showed? I could have sworn I saw footage of the main 3 cast members dodging explosions amongst sandbag revetments as Corsairs or something flew overhead. I kept waiting for the WWII-in-the-Pacific episode, but they haven't showed it yet. . .

It's a good, but shallow show. I hope they show more episodes.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I was a latecomer to the show. I liked it for a cheesy pseudo-historical romp. I have been wondering if it survived a mid season cut.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine them not renewing for season 2. It's a pretty popular show.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I can't imagine them not renewing for season 2. It's a pretty popular show.

Not according to what I was reading:
1. It's a very expensive show to produce
2. The ratings are nowhere near what they had hoped for, for such a costly show

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
From a website:

“Timeless” ends its season next week, and it will probably end as a tossup, where it’s been basically all season. In sports terms, the show doesn’t control its own destiny.

Whether the show gets a second season may depend on how “Taken” performs in same timeslot in the spring, along with how the rest of NBC’s remaining newcomers do as the season winds down.

“Timeless” might have been able to get by on its own had it continued to hover around the 0.9 it had for its three episodes in January. The drop to a 0.6 last week is worrying. Unless a big rebound happens in the final two installments, “Timeless” will have to wait and see how the network fares in spring before learning its fate.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I hope they keep it. I see it as a modern day "Quantum Leap", and find it very entertaining. Yeah, there's a lot of things to pick apart about it technically and historically, but it's entertaining and a good way to escape for hour. I say just enjoy it for what it is. Plus, I'm rather smitten with Lucy.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
These networks are so annoying. They have no idea how to build a fan base. They don't seem to care either.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
This is the link for the renewal scorecard at TVLine.com. They are pretty plugged in and give a projection of a show's chances of renewal.

Timeless is rated as a "long shot" for renewal.

http://tvline.com/2016/10/03/r...rd-cancelled-series/

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
I liked it, but it fell into the trap of fighting an unbeatable foe. No matter what they did, they'd never be able to bring down Rittenhouse or whatever the big bad was. Had they made it more of a Quantum Leap style, these three folk need to go back in time to correct a wrong, then that would be easier to follow. However as is, if you were to miss an episode or two you lose a lot of the story. And that kills it for the casual viewer.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
The show was never going to run more than a season or two - too much mucking with time. The first mission they did (Hindenburg), they had a huge difference when they came back (Lucy's mother was out of her coma (good) but her sister never existed (bad). Then, they mucked around with history, killing a LOT of people, and nothing else really changed.

The last episode was great with lots of twists - Lucy's mother's identity/job being revealed, setting the stage for Lucy to team up with Flynn, and the Indian girl (new pilot) getting the ability to see through time (which was WAY cool), but money rules everything, and it doesn't look promising.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Shit. Frown

Cancelled officially today.

posted Hide Post
Bummer. Real good show, though I had to ignore its various leftist slants on history at times.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BMR,

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
I liked it but would have liked it better had it been more like Quantum Leap. The super secret evil organization foe, like Rittenhouse, seems to be a trend on several TV shows. It's a turn-off for me.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I hate getting left with a cliffhanger like that. DAMMIT! Mad

It almost makes me unwilling to invest my time in any new TV show now until it's been a round a couple of years.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well look at that!

Given another chance, at least they can wrap things up or try to build ratings now.

‘Timeless’ Saved: NBC Reverses Decision, Renews Series For Second Season

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I agree though it's not worth getting into brand new shows anymore networks are so unwilling to let them develop they want big ratings now or it gets the boot...

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
A reversal. That's a rarity.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post