SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What's your favorite taco
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite taco Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Cabeza

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite taco in the one in between the beef enchilada and the beef and bean borrito

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Best tacos I ever had were at an indoor/outdoor bar in downtown San Diego. I ate there three nights of the 6 that I was in town for business. The Pastor was fantastic. Shrimp were out of this world. I'd order 3 or 4 different tacos every time I went in (and often another one or two after a few margaritas). The last night I was there the waitress insisted I try the octopus. I am not a fan of octopus. At all. She was extremely insistent and offered to pay for it if I didn't like it.

I'm not going to start ordering octopus, but that was one of the single best things I've ever eaten in my life. Epic. I don't know what that sauce was they used, but I'd buy it by the gallon. If it makes octopus taste like that...

As an aside, say what you will about politics, but San Diego is one of the all time great food cities. The only reason I didn't put on 20lbs the week I was there was I walked everywhere.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Cabeza

Eek I do like a rich cabeza

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the tacos de lengua, as well as oreja and cueritos

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
Done right, I don't think there is a better taco than crispy fried tripas.

Had some today amidst all the smoke we're dealing with. Probably one of the best tripas I've had in awhile.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
No Cameron? :-(

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1975 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Tilapia. Make them myself.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Living in Wyoming, I settle

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I didn't vote, because I've no idea what those things are. I get Taco Bell with extra meat, lettuce, and tomato (no cheese!). I use 1 packet of Fire sauce on each. Go ahead and flame me, I've got thick skin.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I didn't vote, because I've no idea what those things are. I get Taco Bell with extra meat, lettuce, and tomato (no cheese!). I use 1 packet of Fire sauce on each. Go ahead and flame me, I've got thick skin.

flashguy

Hey you are good flashguy. I don't know what that stuff is either. Just want some good ground beef well done on a crispy corn tortilla shell with lettuce, tomatoes and some medium taco sauce.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

I prefer the crispy shell tacos at Carmen’s Mexican Food, but like Taco Bell tacos too.

My favorite burgers are Shake Shack (and my own smash burgers) but even McDonald’s has some pretty good burgers these days.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8852 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I prefer the crispy shell tacos at Carmen’s Mexican Food, but like Taco Bell tacos too.

My favorite burgers are Shake Shack (and my own smash burgers) but even McDonald’s has some pretty good burgers these days.

The sign of a true food fan; one that can embrace the "high brow" and well as the "low brow" Smile (I like TB and McDonalds as well)

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's your favorite taco

TRD Off Road. Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Does a chalupa count? I like that fried puffy shell

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:

flashguy

For burgers I used to do Burger King, but have migrated to Whataburger. A local chain, Griff's, is pretty good, too. I just have well-done meat, yellow mustard, and lettuce on mine. (I'm a pretty simple fellow.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post