SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jimmy Buffett: Life on the Flip Side
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jimmy Buffett: Life on the Flip Side Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted
So glad he's not ready to put the 'Book on the Shelf.' I just love the way he sings the last lyric of this song:

Another catchy tune from Buffett's new album:

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched the last part of a segment about him on CBS Sunday Morning. Interesting guy and a very rich one.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing.

His music always brings back so many memories for me.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were out driving in the mountains of Utah the other day. I had Buffett playing for two hours, seems appropriate no matter where I am.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Been a Buffett fan for years, had all his vinyl before everything went digital, and still a fan. His 70's stuff is his best stuff, JMO...

Back in the late 80's the wife and I went to his concert in Cincinnati. The concerts in Cincinnati are legendary, it became famous for coiling the Parrot Head term. The concert was filled with folks in sandals, hawaiian shirts, big tailgate party with flowing margaritas.. Key West Meets the Ohio River big time..

We expected a great show, but it sucked beach balls that year, he had one of his "I'm not playing any of my old hits concerts" that musicians are famous for when rolling out new stuff. I think it was the Off to See The Lizard album, which was tied to his Book Tales from Margaritaville.

Not sure if the new music wasn't really that good, or that the excluded typical Buffett not being intertwined into the concert or both was the problem. We both agreed it wasn't enjoyable and walked out half way through the show.

Guess we weren't drunk or stoned enough to enjoy it then LOL I still like Buffett....

A little cheeseburger in paradise songs mixed in with the new stuff would have made it ok.

Cincinnati's concerts are famous for Buffett parties and concerts, if you get the chance, go....

https://www.wcpo.com/news/our-...r-buffett-since-1984

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Been a Buffett fan for years, had all his vinyl before everything went digital, and still a fan. His 70's stuff is his best stuff, JMO...

Back in the late 80's the wife and I went to his concert in Cincinnati. The concerts in Cincinnati are legendary, it became famous for coiling the Parrot Head term. The concert was filled with folks in sandals, hawaiian shirts, big tailgate party with flowing margaritas.. Key West Meets the Ohio River big time..

We expected a great show, but it sucked beach balls that year, he had one of his "I'm not playing any of my old hits concerts" that musicians are famous for when rolling out new stuff. I think it was the Off to See The Lizard album, which was tied to his Book Tales from Margaritaville.

Not sure if the new music wasn't really that good, or that the excluded typical Buffett not being intertwined into the concert or both was the problem. We both agreed it wasn't enjoyable and walked out half way through the show.

Guess we weren't drunk or stoned enough to enjoy it then LOL I still like Buffett....

A little cheeseburger in paradise songs mixed in with the new stuff would have made it ok.

Cincinnati's concerts are famous for Buffett parties and concerts, if you get the chance, go....

https://www.wcpo.com/news/our-...r-buffett-since-1984

I'm guessing it wasn't a total loss, you probanly got drunk and .....

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post