SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    1-Adam-12, 1-Adam-12...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1-Adam-12, 1-Adam-12... Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
Revisiting a childhood favorite on Amazon Prime this evening. This show was a staple for me way back when.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Awesome big red dodge trucks! Nurse
Dixie Mccall, was hot, RIP!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

Methinks you are recalling "Emergency!," another Jack Webb production, as I recall. Seems like they might have even had a crossover episode or two with "Adam-12," though I may be confused there.

Nonetheless, yet another childhood viewing staple of mine!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"See The Man"...

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I kind of remember a couple of crossover episodes. And yes, Dixie was HOT.

Posts: 7263 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
1A12 = First shift, Adam unit (2 man patrol), in the 12 beat.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

Methinks you are recalling "Emergency!," another Jack Webb production, as I recall. Seems like they might have even had a crossover episode or two with "Adam-12," though I may be confused there.

Nonetheless, yet another childhood viewing staple of mine!

Yes, there were a few crossover episodes.
It got a bit confusing, as in one Emergency! episode they were watching Adam-12 on TV as a show, and in another they were both visiting Rampart Hospital.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The show tried to be as realistic as possible with equipment and vehicles. Compare the little tiny radio in 1-Adam-12 with the computer console in a modern police car. And they carried nothing on their persons but a revolver, a reload, handcuffs and a straight baton. If the S really HTF, they would break out the five-round pump shotgun. Also, the dispatcher's voice you hear was that of a real LAPD dispatcher.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jack Webb was the man. Wish we could still get Dragnet re-runs.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nurse Dixie McCall aka in real life Julie London, was Jack Webb's wife for several years. She was a singer. And she was a good one! Later re-married Bobby Troup who was a big band leader, and also starred on "Emergency". I think the pilot for "Emergency" had a good bit of crossover with one episode of "Adam-12".

Posts: 3220 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
In the late 1980's (when I was a working LEO), I was the recipient of an award by my department. Kent McCord (who played "Officer Jim Reed" on the series) was a guest speaker at the banquet my agency held to honor the other officers and I, who were being recognized. It was a kind of surreal moment, meeting the guy who portrayed people like my peers and I, that really did the job. Mr. McCord was very pleasant and complementary at the occasion, but I'd be lying if I said I felt comfortable at the time.

When I was a kid, I liked his and Martin Milner's representations much more than I did that of Jack Webb, as I felt they gave more human and credible faces to working cops. I wish I'd had the opportunity to meet Mr. Milner, as he (like I) was an avid saltwater fisherman in So. CA and even hosted a local radio program on the topic. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago, and I never had the opportunity.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
You know it's old by the use of AMC cars (in the last couple of seasons). Big Grin It was also one of the last half-hour dramas.

On Amazon Prime, eh? I'm a member but way under-utilize the TV shows and movies.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I used to watch that show as a very young boy. My 1st grade lunchbox was an ADAM-12 with thermos. Big Grin

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=adam+12+lunchbox

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Awesome, had a feeling there'd be some Adam-12 fans out here!

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
You know it's old by the use of AMC cars (in the last couple of seasons). Big Grin It was also one of the last half-hour dramas.

On Amazon Prime, eh? I'm a member but way under-utilize the TV shows and movies.

One more thing you should have a peek at as you explore Amazon Prime's programming: their original series "Bosch." Modern-day LAPD detective crime-drama, based on a series of novels. Great show, with some scenes reportedly filmed in actual LAPD facilities. Chief protagonist packs a full-size 1911, to boot.

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Jack Webb, his dryness was entertaining in itself. And he did have quite an interesting background. And as a plus he was married to Julie London..........

Back to Adam 12, those Plymouth Belvederes were bad-ass cars. The AMC's, well they were cars.......

Childhood fans, I still watch them when I can find them on TV. In my late teens I watched those when they were first broadcast. Friends would call "You wanta go out partying?" My response, "Naw, don't feel like it, I'm staying home and watching TV".

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
1-Adam-12, 1-Adam-12, see the woman...a 415 fight group with chains and knives...

I have been binge watching Adam 12 on Hulu and enjoying it. I switch off between Adam 12 and Dragnet.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 501 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adam-12 & Emergency both were shows I really liked to watch as a kid.

The memories. Smile

Both guys on Adam-12 seemed to be such likable people, even though they were doing a tough job. At least to my young perspective at the time.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Adam-12 see the man....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatopescado
posted Hide Post
I loved Adam-12 and Emergency!! I'm definitely going to have to check them out on Amazon.

Posts: 994 | Location: South Texas | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post