SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Andy Griffith Show
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Andy Griffith Show Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Aunt Bee makes her home made pickles!

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Scene from my favorite episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcyRWlJHHY

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DEPUTYBILL:
Aunt Bee makes her home made pickles!

"You painting in here?"

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Being a techno nerd and wantnabe film maker I found it amazing that the show was filmed with just one camera. The way this is done is with very good professional actors and each scene is filmed at least 3 times exactly the same... 1st with a wide shot then followed by close ups of each of the characters in the scene...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tie:
the christmas story , Ben ties to get arrested

and
man in a hurry
traveling businessman's (Robert Emhardt) car breaks down in Mayberry on a Sunday and he is impatient to get it fixed in time for his meeting in Charlotte...but Wally the mechanic does not work on Sundays. Andy's family welcomes him to stay with them. (This story was voted by fans as their second-favorite of the entire series)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember one episode where the town gossip gets out of hand and either Andy or Barney, who has a sniffle, are reported on their death bed or maybe even dead. Anyone?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of that one and I've seen almost all of them.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I seem to remember one episode where the town gossip gets out of hand and either Andy or Barney, who has a sniffle, are reported on their death bed or maybe even dead. Anyone?

Is that the shoe salesman one? I think Andy teaches Aunt Bee a lesson and then she gets him back.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0512615/

One of my favorites is "Three Wishes for Opie"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0798990/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
They had a couple about gossip... one Barney shot himself and the other was the shoe salesman.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:

Barney scratched his finger. Gossip had him dead from shooting himself.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
They had a couple about gossip... one Barney shot himself and the other was the shoe salesman.

Same show.

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
But there was another where Barney saw Andy kiss his gf in the jewelry store and spread the word that they were engaged.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
But there was another where Barney saw Andy kiss his gf in the jewelry store and spread the word that they were engaged.

That one's called "The Rumor." The town pitches in to redecorate Andy's bedroom into something frilly that Helen would've liked. Racy stuff for Mayberry!

I'm a huge TAGS fan. When I was growing up we watched Andy re-runs every night. The episode where the Taylor's freezer dies after Aunt Bee buys a side of shoddy beef from the bargain butcher has given rise to a common family saying. Whenever something needs to be repaired or fixed around the house or office, we say "just call the man."

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
How many remember her in a room years before Andy Griffith.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was one where the gang was trying to set Andy up with a date and they invited a lot of women over to his house when he wasn't home. Upon arrival, Barnie told Andy to go in the living room and take his pick. Andy peeked in from the kitchen and said, " Barn, if a bobwhite flew through my living room, they would all point."
Probably couldn't get away with saying that nowadays.
bb

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
One of the things I like about the show is when Andy is going to teach someone or Opie a lesson, or someone makes a mistake, and he resolves it without hurting feelings, etc.

Like when he figured out that the English butler had overheard Andy and Barney talking, and what he said to the butler to get him to come back.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
The one where Barney buys a used car from a "little old lady" who turns out to be a con-woman.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Two of the many favorites I have are
The one with Don Rickles as a con artist salesman who can’t do anything right
And when Stanley Holloway comes to town selling his wares. He’s fine to middlin, little this little that, some of this, some of that.
My favorite characters are Barney, Otis, and Ernest T. I’m wondering if this was before residuals.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it as a kid.

Opie sure matured into an excellent filmmaker, and his daughter has done some good acting work in a few films (Jurassic Park excluded).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Watching an episode on Sundance Channel right now.

Barney to bank guard Asa: "What are them green things in your cartridge belt?"

Asa: "Bullets"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post