SIGforum
Venom (No spoilers in OP)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/3940029744

October 05, 2018, 09:32 AM
PorterN
Venom (No spoilers in OP)
My wife and I went and saw Venom last night. We read a few reviews beforehand, noticing that two nights ago Venom had a 30% on rottentomatoes, which rating has since dropped even more.

We usually don't listen to reviews anyway - especially RT reviews since they're absolute garbage; One review, however, had us intrigued and laughing - it said "Venom is not a good movie, but I also want to make it clear that I had the time of my life watching it."

I don't care if ya'll want to add spoilers or not, but I won't. I'll just say that the portrayal of Eddie Brock comes off to me as odd, but I don't know the character well. Yet it juxtaposes nicely with Venom.
I can also see why people say the PG13 rating held the movie back, and I can understand the dislike of the movie in comparison to other Marvel-caliber movies.

HOWEVER, it was a very enjoyable action, anti-hero movie with plenty of funny moments and a good cinematic start for the Venom storyline. My wife and I thought it was very enjoyable, and everyone in the theater seemed to be enjoying it equally as much - the few people around us we talked to loved it as well. Perfect? no. still pretty dang good? yeah.

October 05, 2018, 09:57 AM
Ryanp225
I have tickets for Saturday and am taking the wife out for her birthday.
She's a big spiderman/Venom fan.
October 05, 2018, 05:41 PM
Jaycat
Just saw it....very enjoyable! And no, it won't win any awards, but I liked it.

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!
October 08, 2018, 12:22 PM
Ryanp225
saw it with the wife and kids on Saturday.
We all had a great time and really enjoyed the movie. Tom Hardy was very enjoyable and added a ton to his character.
October 08, 2018, 03:20 PM
dedguy
I saw it on Sunday with my daughter. We both really liked it. Venom has the best one liners in the movie.
October 08, 2018, 03:56 PM
Chris17404
I just saw it with my teenage son and daughter. We all really liked it! Way more than we thought. It was very entertaining. My son is a big Marvel fan so the end scene was cool too.

October 08, 2018, 04:01 PM
patw
My son and I saw it and it was ok. I know Marvel is adding more foul language to increase ratings I guess, but it was unnecessary in my opinion,especially for the type of movie it is and who will be seeing it. I'm not a prude by any means but everything has it's place.
October 08, 2018, 04:08 PM
Prefontaine
It’s a Sony picture. Sony has an agreement with Marvel.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
October 08, 2018, 09:02 PM
Dusty78
I thought it was garbage

October 12, 2018, 08:32 PM
mutedblade
Witty and fun. The wife, daughter and I all enjoyed it. Tom Hardy is quite good in this role but I like him in almost all that he’s in.

October 14, 2018, 10:02 PM
ridgerat
Fifteen minutes in, and I was squirming in my reclined seat. And it didn't get any better. Pretty bad.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League
October 17, 2018, 04:30 PM
Chowser
Just watched it with my 16yr old daughter who has never watched any superhero movies and we liked it.

Not minority enough!
October 17, 2018, 04:57 PM
konata88
I watched it for free. Well, I spent $6 for a small popcorn but otherwise free.

It was ok; I wouldn’t have wanted to pay for it. There were some funny parts but none of the characters were likeable. And it seemed like the same plot line as Transformers.

It would have been old and expected, but I thought it would have been funny if Eddie had jumped out of the tank with lobsters pinching his butt.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
October 27, 2018, 08:18 PM
Lord Vaalic
Wife and I enjoyed it and she isn't a super hero fan. It had some funny parts. I thought it was worth the time and money to see

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day