Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Office Login/Join 
posted
Wife and I have been revisiting The Office on Netflix the last few weeks. That was one funny program, laugh out loud funny, and so politically incorrect!
I can't think of a sitcom today that would even come close to the quality of the writing back then.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite shows of all time. It used to be on in late-night syndication around here, but it's been a year or two since that was the case… I miss seeing it each night.

By the way, I am assuming you're talking about the US version…?

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
One of my favorite shows of all time. It used to be on in late-night syndication around here, but it's been a year or two since that was the case… I miss seeing it each night.

By the way, I am assuming you're talking about the US version…?

U.S. version, yes sir. So non-PC it makes you cringe at times but boy is it good.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
That's what she said! Michael Gary Scott is one of the most perfectly endearing you wanna punch in the face characters ever. Then Jim and Dwights ongoing feuds, just classic.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Office would have been perfect if it ended when Michael Scott departed but they chose to limp on without him for 3-4 more years and it got progressively dumber and dumber.

IMO, Michael Scott WAS The Office, and without him it just lost its soul.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I've never seen an episode, however, one of the funniest things I've ever seen is a clip from the office...I may to to binge watch.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Best comedy show on TV. It’s interesting to see it now. So many of the jokes are no-go zones for today’s politics, but it was only a few years ago the country had a sense of humor!

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/DoZA7PeVRvI

Fire Drill episode is one of the best!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Pam/Jenna - Yum!

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've probably watched the entire series 4 times now. It's very funny, most of the writing is quite good.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Pam/Jenna - Yum!

I was more of a Karen/Rashida

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Be sure to check out Parks & Recreation, which is available on Netflix as well.

Almost identical premise/style to The Office, with the same creators and some of the same writers, but I find Parks & Rec to be funnier. (The first season is a bit hit-or-miss, but they quickly find their stride.)

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The show makes me uncormfortable. There's too much truth in it.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The show makes me uncomfortable. There's too much truth in it.

I did not watch it until after it was cancelled,
and this is the exact reason why ,
I knew people , worked with them that that were like those characters

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

I did not watch it until after it was cancelled,

The Office was not cancelled, it ended on its' own accord. IMO, a couple years too late, but it wasn't cancelled.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My office has an actual Kevin in accounting.

Bears
Beets
Battlestar Galactica

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I watched the office all the way through. Gave the original one episode and said nah.

If you like Rashida, I am about to start the Angie Tribeca series.
Was told it's written by Steve Carell.

Let's see if they run that PD the way mine is ran.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I've never seen an episode, however, one of the funniest things I've ever seen is a clip from the office...I may to to binge watch.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vmb1tqYqyII" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I was at a first aid/cpr class this week and they played this clip for a little comic relief.

I thought I had seen most of the episodes, apparently not... I almost had to leave the room in case I lost it.

LoL.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
been wanting to re-watch that, it's painful watching the first season, Michael Scott is so dumb. But it's all gold after a bit. Love watching the blooper reels on youtube too

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

If you like Rashida, I am about to start the Angie Tribeca series.
Was told it's written by Steve Carell.

Let's see if they run that PD the way mine is ran.

I tried watching Angie Tribeca a while back, don't think I got more than five minutes in before I stopped it. Absolute crap.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post