New
Find
Notify
Tools

ELO Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Just found my old vinyl from 70s/80s. Listening to ELO (Out of the Blue) on a BiC turntable.

Damn it sounds good!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Eldorado is my favorite.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
True story; the first album I purchased was ELP - Brain Salad Surgery. The reason: it was on sale at Tower Records and had three (3) discs for cost of a normal single disc album.

One of the next albums was Rolling Stones, Some Girls. Yes, that album. And I loaned it to my cousin before it became a rare album.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
ELO has been one of my top 5 bands of all time for as long as I can remember. Jeff Lynne, et. al., is BRILLIANT!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I heard someone in the music biz once say ELO was what the Beatles would have sounded like, had they stayed together.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lpuQZB43CM

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yep ... great stuff! Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Not to mention what Jeff Lynne did with "The Traveling Wilburys"

I also really liked their album last year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM34A80RTv4

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About a year or two ago, they were scheduled to play in a small venue/theater close to me and I was dying to go see them. Things did not work out and I couldn't make the concert. The worst part is that every seat in the place was close to the stage and I missed it. They are one the few bands I would pay to see.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Still rotate an ELO CD in my truck collection. Great stuff for a road trip.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep my "Face The Music" cd in the truck as well, never get tired of it.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post