SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
ooooohhhhhh yeah. Cool

My son recently, like yesterday, started playing Fortnight. I watched a few games and thought "wow this would be so much cooler if it was more realistic". I then thought, "I miss DayZ."

Lo and behold. The spirit craves and the 1and0 gods answer. This will only end in pain and regret. Bring it on.

Thanks Arc! and others.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I miss not being married and having time to play.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Ahhh Nice to stretch ones legs again. As the server gets spun up again I've wandered a little.

Found some of my old stuff and cruised on down to Mowgli to shoot a few zombies. My only experience with DayZ has been on the previous iteration of this server. I have since discovered that the default Zombie setting is sprint. This I discovered almost too late...Did you know a pissed off zombie will stay on your heels for quite a while?

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
A bump for funsies.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Good times those were.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Just a bump to ensure that this thread doesn't go gently. Those were the days, boys, those were the days!

quote:

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It is unlikely that another game can or will even get close to the shenanigans herein.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Ah... good times.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Back before I was married....

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I finally uninstalled ARMA. Very sad.

quote:

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Was listening to this podcast the other night at work and it really hit home. I never played Rust, but it's still all true. Gave me some laughs.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
"What are you doing, man?"

"Nothing. Just riding my bicycle to a Russian military camp with a couple suitcases of gold to buy some guns. And an armored Land Rover. And a rocket launcher."

"That's cool. Do you know who wrecked all of our parked helicopters and vehicles in the courtyard?"

"No man, but really, it was inevitable. Who parks all that shit so close together.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
The weather outside today is very DayZ. Cloudy and cold, some fog rolls in, the air is sharp, a bunch of Russians wandering around because that's the kind of drivers the company I work for hires. Ah, memories.

quote:

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I just broke down and bought DayZ Standalone.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I just broke down and bought DayZ Standalone.

That was a mistake, but let us know how broken it still is.

quote:

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Wished I had seen this video before I bought it. It seems that if you find the right server on Standalone it isn't that bad.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
The weather outside today is very DayZ. Cloudy and cold, some fog rolls in, the air is sharp, a bunch of Russians wandering around because that's the kind of drivers the company I work for hires. Ah, memories.

I finally got a pc with the minimal ball size to run it and it dies.

Maybe some day Frown

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

Oh man. When I was working the lumber yard working receiving processed lumber I used to joke to my boss the drivers next stop was to drop off crates of AKs. Was told not to mention that around them.

Years later I was loading outbound freight.Last lift truck driver as the plant was closing. Frown

Some big Eastern European got out of his truck and peeled off his shirt. It was a sunny day, the guy was easily 300 lbs. Stood there taking in the sun (as we have many sunny days).

Looked like a fucking grizzly standing there with all the body hair.

Fucking loved those guys.

Got many more stories of animals and stained tighty whightys I could tell.

Needless to say, the trucking industry is full of "diversity"

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Installed standalone.

Freezes while making a character, can't alt+tab out or anything. Restart.

Get in a server, run around a few minutes, freeze. Can't alt+tab out or anything. Restart.

Welcome to DayZ.

So now I'm drinking and playing Titanfall 2.

quote:

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Been feeling very wistful for the days of scavving for beans, and toting my Enfield around some ComBloc wasteland, hoping to stumble upon a Funbulance.

quote: