SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I never made it on this weekend. The wife got sick on Saturday and left me on kid duty the whole time, and then on Sunday she had given whatever illness it was to me. The past couple weeks have been hell on my free time, but I want to get back on and play some more!

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
Wish I had a rig capable of running this. Maybe in a couple months if ya'll are still playing I will.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Arc and I did a little bit of running around on Shoguns. Seeing around 24 to 30 depending on how many people were on. We also had some fun killing a bambi who decided it was a good idea to HALO into Balota while we were there. He didn't make it.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I needed some away from keyboard time, so I went camping/rockclimbing.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'll be back home late on the 14th and will have the next 3 days off. I plan on playing a good bit in the evenings.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I will be on when I can. Promotion exam coming up at work in two weeks so I gotta study

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I accidentally changed the door code to the Shogun base, because of the gay scroll menu.

Also, people were attacking the base tonight. The solution? Grenades. Always leave some in base.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Thankfully kevin and joe were on last night, otherwise I'd probably still be chopping wood, and/or be assaulted.

Some sort of shenanigans meant that half the new base was missing, and the plot pole was exposed. I had run back from where I spawned, finding what remained of the base full of curious people.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Did curiosity kill the cat?

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Thankfully kevin and joe were on last night, otherwise I'd probably still be chopping wood, and/or be assaulted.

Some sort of shenanigans meant that half the new base was missing, and the plot pole was exposed. I had run back from where I spawned, finding what remained of the base full of curious people.

Ya. there are def. shenanigans afoot. The entire base lifted two stories into the air.

Me with a chainsaw, arc building walls and joe testing it all got it squared away, but something is wrong.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It's not that the base was lifted, it was that the walls and floor were gone.

We'll see what happens tonight.

Arc.

Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
What happened to ferris dayz? It's been down for like a week.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
What happened to ferris dayz? It's been down for like a week.

No it hasn't, you've just been gone for a week, like a dong, and haven't asked anybody about it, also like a dong, to get the new IP. 23.89.209.202:2302

Dong.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
If anyone is looking for the blackhawk we found, just look out the back of the base. It's on a locked landing pad now. It's not protected from being shot at, just taken.

Arc.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
what the....the blackhawk didn't lock itself?

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
nope, it must have been a server spawn. I'll give you the landing pad code when I see you on.

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Logged into Shogun to see if the blackhawk was still kicking, it is.

I figured, while I'm here, I'll bike down to mogli to get some supplies.

I reach the road and I'm biking down the side. A camo SUV comes around the corner and sideswipes me into a fence.

My legs were broken and I was bleeding, and I heard the car stop, and I started getting shot.

So I hosed them down with my M60, killing 2 guys and their car.

They lost:

1 locking camo SUV
1 large gunbag
1 coyote pack
full toolbelts of both guys
1 DMR
1 M249 scoped
1 M240
3 briefcases of 10 10oz gold
various other supplies.

All because they decided to stop and kill the guy riding a bicycle.

Just keep driving kids, sometimes people on bicycles have beltfed .308s.

Arc.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Just fucking awesome. LOL.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It was super satisfying to know that those guys thought they'd ruin the day of some poor shlub on a bicycle.

Instead...

Fuck you! and Fuck your friend! And Fuck your car!

There is a burned out hulk with two graves near it, right in the middle of the road near Mogli.

Arc.

Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Just keep driving kids, sometimes people on bicycles have beltfed .308s.

Best in game karma post I have read in a long, long time. Brilliant!

I don't play this particular game, but man I love reading y'alls adventures.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post