SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Good info, just looking for a balance, and what to price certain weapons and vehicles for best effect. For instance, if people are piling on the millions, items like satchel charges will be very expensive.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
To offer some perspective, I mined for about two hours yesterday and ended up with about 700,000 and that included finding a topaz, amethyst, an a sapphire in addition to the usual gold silver and iron.

Myrottiety, you're a mining fool. Big Grin

I was playing in the AM one day. No one was on.

I trucked it over to a mine just before restart. Mined it. Then mined it again after server restart. I think that was where the bulk of my cash came from.

I do think that a couple of armed vehicles would be nice. Maybe just a HMMV with a .50 or a jeep with a gun. Maybe just the jeep. Cause they are still pretty light on armor.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The ability to spawn a bike with the toolbox has been added to the server, it's pretty close to being 100%.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Yeah, you might want to keep the salty language off of side chat, we are trying to keep a civil tone about the place. Don't get banned.

Maybe it ought to be in the rules, and maybe he ought to be a little more Johnny on the spot about it, not taking half an hour to finally kick me, long, long after the infraction. Long enough that we're not entirely sure what the infraction was. Like yelling at your dog for something he did last week.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It's hard to get it all right out of the gate. The rules do state what not to do to other players. I don't remember if he gave you a warning first, and I'll ask him to do so in the future.

Part of it is taking a conservative approach to the language, while the server is new, is a good strategy.

Arc.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Who's moderating the server? Someone from the old timey days?

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Me, Zach, and Durn. Zach was rather slappy with Airsoft.

Arc.

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Things seem to be shaping up. Hope to get more done building wise over the next few days.

Arc, Kevin, and I took down an AI mission the other day. Arc took out their .50s so of course he drew the most fire.

There are multiple vehicles at our build point. The lockable ones are cool and the military tanker and military loot truck are fine. Anything else should probably be sold off or taken down the road and burned. It's starting to look like a used car lot and someone will spot this stuff sooner or later.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I saw that upkeep was actually every two weeks. I'm actually thinking of building a base. I might actually be on enough to keep up with that.

Still on the fence. Is there a guide to building & what you need for what? I know there is a ton of components.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Is there a guide to building & what you need for what? I know there is a ton of components.

I haven't found a reliable one because of the many versions of DayZ,even within versions there can be differences, so for me at least it's a bit of trial and error.

Get a chainsaw. They spit out lumber instead of logs. Once you have lumber you can combine it in your inventory to produce plywood and then combine plywood and lumber to build walls, floors, roofs etc. Right click on an item(plywood, lumber, etc) and a menu will pop up to give you options of what you can build. If you don't have what you need it will tell you on your screen, though you may need to close your inventory to see it. You can also get manufactured pieces from wholesalers on the coast if you just want to buy them.

You need to build a workbench to build other things and you may need a fire as well depending.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The Epoch site has a list of building components and what builds what. It's pretty on the money.

When mining, it's a good idea to bring a friend. A friend with a beltfed.

Arc.

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
When mining, it's a good idea to bring a friend. A friend with a beltfed.

Word! Big Grin

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Looks like here is the basic crafting recipe list:

Walls & Doors Recipe Guide

I might do a basic concrete rectangle. Just big enough for 1-2 cars and some sheds.

I smile remembering some of the old bases. The BIG base just east of the AI base. That was a great spot. Then Gravebone's base full of vehicles. His garage looked like a crazy saudi princes. One of every piece of Armor ever made. Big Grin

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that myrottiety.

So yesterday I'm mining some ore. Arc stopped by to see what I was up to. The only other folks on the server were known Bandits.

All was going well. I had a ural filled to the gills with ore, and had just chopped some wood in preparation of smelting some gold bars, when I hear the chopper.

The AI Chopper has been roaming around quite a bit so I only paid so much attention until I heard this one getting pretty close. I looked over my shoulder and see a little bird cresting the tree line and preparing to land. Since all I had in my hands was an ax I told Arc "that's no moon....er AI Chopper" and began sprinting toward some trees to get enough cover to get something other than an ax to fight with. Serpentine....Serpentine. That's when I heard it, a seemingly endless spray of automatic weapons fire. I look back and see ARC standing in the glow of a campfire ripping into the tender underbelly of that little bird with a m240. The little bird careens off and craters into the field. Huge ball of flame and black smoke. One Bandit deceased.

We load up and roll out of there before the guy comes back to get his corpse, but there wasn't much need. Either he had other things do or he rage quit because he logged off the server and didn't come back.

A friend with a beltfed certainly does come in handy.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for posting that myrottiety.

So yesterday I'm mining some ore. Arc stopped by to see what I was up to. The only other folks on the server were known Bandits.

All was going well. I had a ural filled to the gills with ore, and had just chopped some wood in preparation of smelting some gold bars, when I hear the chopper.

The AI Chopper has been roaming around quite a bit so I only paid so much attention until I heard this one getting pretty close. I looked over my shoulder and see a little bird cresting the tree line and preparing to land. Since all I had in my hands was an ax I told Arc "that's no moon....er AI Chopper" and began sprinting toward some trees to get enough cover to get something other than an ax to fight with. Serpentine....Serpentine. That's when I heard it, a seemingly endless spray of automatic weapons fire. I look back and see ARC standing in the glow of a campfire ripping into the tender underbelly of that little bird with a m240. The little bird careens off and craters into the field. Huge ball of flame and black smoke. One Bandit deceased.

We load up and roll out of there before the guy comes back to get his corpse, but there wasn't much need. Either he had other things do or he rage quit because he logged off the server and didn't come back.

A friend with a beltfed certainly does come in handy.

HA!! I love it.

Like I told you. I'm doing all my mining with the belt fed!! Big Grin

Debating on where I might build. I want it close to you or some of the others. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe Zub? It's just to the west a little.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Found someones base. Blowed up the vehicles. Let the butthurt begin.

Arc.

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
So Nala, Kevin, and I took down the Mayor mission tonight. Nala and Kevin rolled up in a Humvee and were engaged by two .50s at slightly over 800 meters. They rolled out and took cover. I worked my way up and took up an over watch position. Kevin and Nala circled around to a barn and drew the AI out. Kevin took out several before dying a good death. While he was respawning, Nala backed off and proceeded to be a holy terror on the AI. I managed to take out six that were crossing the fields to get to her. She ate 12 AI's lunch.

Nala and I crept up toward the mansion and there were two AI left. I couldn't get a visual on them but Nala took care of business. We got the signal that the mission was accomplished so we moved in toward the mansion. Just as we rolled up to it another player who had obviously been camping the mission opened fire on us. I shot him in the face with several .308s. He logged so we couldn't get his stuff. Ass.

Kevin made it back while we were looting and burying, and we loaded up the vehicles and went to the traders. Good times.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Found someones base. Blowed up the vehicles. Let the butthurt begin.

I gots some satchel charges Lt. Dan....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just as we rolled up to it another player who had obviously been camping the mission opened fire on us. I shot him in the face with several .308s. He logged so we couldn't get his stuff. Ass.

Do you have any idea what player it was?

Combat logging is an exploit, a form of cheating. If people do it repeatedly they'll work their way to a ban.

If you're getting your ass shot off, fight and either triumph, die, or escape. Since you can't simply disappear in real life, we aren't going to allow it in game.

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Checking the shot logs didn't yield a player name, I can see all the hits on AI and vice-versa. There is a big solid block from earlier of you shooting me with the BB gun.

He must have not scored any hits, and logged as soon as you fired in his direction.

Combat loggers.

Arc.