SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
damn. I will try. let mek now when/if you guys are playing. I'm getting a new guy to train so there are gonna be some long nights ahead for the next 4 months.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
The other night, Nala and I popped on for a bit, drove around some, reacquainted myself with the controls and whatnot. Found some guy's Huey in a field, repaired it, and then Nala went off to sell it while I hung around the trader, kept finding Desert Eagles in the stables at Starry, wish I could just wander out to the barn and find a pile of pistols like that. Shit, I'll take a bunch of Enfields even.

Next thing I know Nala is rolling up in an armored Humvee, so we go riding across the countryside looking for targets of opportunity. There was some loot crate out in a field, so we lazily went that way, figuring it's probably already claimed or whatever, when we see a helicopter cruising towards it, and then slamming into it, killing the pilot and the guy already on the ground raiding it. So we buzz over there, Nala hops out and starts raiding the crate, while I sit up in the turret scanning for visitors. I get bored, see a dog running at us, so I put a .50 in it. Maybe it just wants to be friendsies, maybe it wants to eat Nala's face, I dunno, not taking any chances here, we got a box full of LAWs here.

Soon after Nala spots a man riding a bicycle towards us, because the way the game is set up, I can't go into first person mode unless she's driving, so I have to walk my shots into him, giving the dude plenty of opportunity to turn around and book, but no, he keeps riding at us. Finally I hit him, killing him instantly. He makes some comment in chat about my poor aim, but really, you're the one who kept pumping your Huffy in the face of M2 bursts, so whatevs.

Nala completes her scavving, and we ride off, heads on a swivel, in case another helicopter shows up, but doubtful, as it's close to restart, so we find a barn, park our Hummer, and log out for the night.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Nice. I got a week off coming up. You guys still using mumble?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
No, we use Discord now, no servers to pay for.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
What is the discord address?

I will start the reinstall.

Also can you post the exact Modz you guys are using?

And server IP.

Thanks Chack Chack

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I should log on over there before it deletes all my stuff. Let me know when we'll go a'murderin.'

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Got a little something brewing, so check back on this thread for forthcoming details.

quote:

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've probably forgotten how to even fly a mozzie. I miss my all night murder marathons.

I'd find a random crew and roll with them. Then let them keep all the loot. Just to have someone to run around with.

But most people would invite me to join them. Then just shoot me in the face. Big Grin I'd spend the next 30 minutes dropping grenades from my mozzie on their base. LOL

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
In the interest of preserving the stories of yore, the great exploits of our original crew, we'll move talk of the new server to here.

The new DayZ server info:

http://exclusion.enjin.com/

Discord teamspeak:

https://discord.gg/wR5jGfX

Server IP:

45.126.208.66 port 21244

Search for -EZE- Exclusion Zone Epoch using DayZ Launcher http://dayzlauncher.com/

Summary of server features:

No tanks.

No heavily armed aircraft.

No one shot sniper rifles.

No invincible bases.

No invincible vehicles.

No bases that are not physically possible.

Day/night cycle. - currently each 3 hour cycle has some of both.

Banking

Trader safe zones

Roving AI

AI missions

AI Stronghold

Gold/gem mining

These are just a few of the features. There are some unrealistic things in effect, such as you can carry a backpack full of cinderblocks and still run.

The server is up now, and while we have some things to add and adjust, the goal is a "throwback" to earlier versions of the mod, with some niceties like snap building and banking.

You may be able to join straight away, but probably will have to verify some files etc. Welcome to DayZ.

You will need:

Steam

Arma 2

Arma 2 OA

Arma 2 DayZ Mod

The server is mostly done, as far as features, and has been getting brisk traffic. Hopefully it will attract and sustain people who are adult and community minded. We just want a nice place to go and get shot in the face while looking for soup.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
"Zombie, I've got him.... Aw I shot the car!" - anonymous

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
That was a late, but amusing evening. I haven't been up that late in a very long time. Time flies when you're having fun.

Arc.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I'll see if I can get my steam updated. Would be fun to have a system ready for when you guys decide to do this again.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Arc fell asleep in the driver's seat, I told Kevin and Thunderson to just shoot him so they could take the car and sell the loots. At one point I got kicked out of the server for a minute, either for saying "ASSPUSSY!" in side chat, or telling a filthy Soviet Canukistanian to, "choke on it, you Snow Mexican," after seeing that he had been killed by an AI. He had previously murdered me for no good raisin.

Alcohol was involved, it was like olde timey times.

quote:

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I'll see if I can get my steam updated. Would be fun to have a system ready for when you guys decide to do this again.

There's bound to be someone on at any given time, but a friday or saturday night and there'll very likely be a group.

quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Arc fell asleep in the driver's seat, I told Kevin and Thunderson to just shoot him so they could take the car and sell the loots. At one point I got kicked out of the server for a minute, either for saying "ASSPUSSY!" in side chat, or telling a filthy Soviet Canukistanian to, "choke on it, you Snow Mexican," after seeing that he had been killed by an AI. He had previously murdered me for no good raisin.

Alcohol was involved, it was like olde timey times.

Popping someone who is AFK in a vehicle is fair, just grab their stuff.

Yeah, you might want to keep the salty language off of side chat, we are trying to keep a civil tone about the place. Don't get banned.

Arc.

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Did I ever mention that I hate driving? Don't really mind the driving when I know where I'm going but driving and checking the map at the same time tends to turn a Sunday afternoon cruise into Death Race 2000.

So I'm driving a vodnik out of Stary and since I know where I'm going don't bother with the map....drove smack dab into one of the AI missions. AI ate us up. Vehicle exploded and I was knocked out for around 90 seconds. I came to, bandaged, and belly crawled for about a hundred yards into the woods to get out. Fortunately for me, I had the vehicle between me and the baddies. Unfortunately for Arc, he was between the vehicle and the baddies.

That was a long crawl listening to Arc get ventilated by the AI, and then only God knows what they were doing to his corpse...

I got to safety, sat down and had a drink, and thought "Here's to Arc. Better him than me."

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I kitted up and tried to take down a crack house mission that appeared. Killed about 5 AI before one walked green tracer fire right into my face.

So I skydive in to go get my body. Find a ATV... I drive this busted ATV 5,000 kilometers back to my body.

I loot my old corpse. Take 3 steps out of the building where I was hunkered down in from the AI mission. Take a .308 right to the face. 3 people in game... one of them right there next to me when I step out. Brutal.

Welcome to DayZ.

I did figure our the banking. I lost $2.4 million my first time on. Didn't realize I had to transfer it to the Bank off person.

Made a few mining runs over the weekend. Sitting pretty with almost $5 million in the bank. I don't really need or want a base. I just like having enough money to do anything... anytime.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Ohh yea... I also took a helicopter up near the Big AI base at the top of the map. Terrible idea! Big Grin

Had to walk a mile afterwards to the closest town.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
5 million in the bank already? Mm. We've got to make it a wee bit more challenging to get that kind of cash. Tuning of prices of all the items is definitely on the list.

Arc.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
5 million in the bank already? Mm. We've got to make it a wee bit more challenging to get that kind of cash. Tuning of prices of all the items is definitely on the list.

I mined hard for that loot!!

Plus selling everything I find!!

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
To offer some perspective, I mined for about two hours yesterday and ended up with about 700,000 and that included finding a topaz, amethyst, an a sapphire in addition to the usual gold silver and iron.

Myrottiety, you're a mining fool. Big Grin

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post