SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Oh how I miss the days of getting a murder squad together and rolling up in the weed field.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Oh how I miss the days of getting a murder squad together and rolling up in the weed field.

You people and your marijuana. And Nala and her giant steel skycock bases.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Remember that time we set up an ambush that went horribly wrong? The one when they ended up taking our vehicle and driving it to the end of the map?

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I remember y'all bitching about it for like evar afterwards. Great troll, they didn't just steal your stuff so you could maybe get it back later, or destroy it, nope, it's still there, just waaaaaaaay out in the boonies, surrounded by radiation.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Just a little bumperoo so the glory here doesn't get lost forevarz.

quote:

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Just a little bumperoo so the glory here doesn't get lost forevarz.

Anyone know the status of this game? is it ever coming back?

THis was SO MUCH FUN playing together that I'd love it to return in all it's glory or even find a good replacement.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Standalone allegedly has an unstable version out that brought the zombies back, and they're supposed to be done sometime next year. I dunno nuffin 'bout the mod anymore, not that any of us has the time for it, and we're balls deep in Battlefield 1.

quote:

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Even if they unfuck the standalone, I'd not play it out of principle. Add to that, that for some reason it's more chock full of sociopaths than the mod ever was.

Unique and fun times, not sure if they'll ever be replicated.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Even if they unfuck the standalone, I'd not play it out of principle. Add to that, that for some reason it's more chock full of sociopaths than the mod ever was.

Unique and fun times, not sure if they'll ever be replicated.

You mean Nala?

quote:

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
You mean Nala?

A weirdo perhaps, but I don't think she's a sociopath.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
It's all fun and games until you're being force fed a rotten banana and bleach smoothie!

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
You mean Nala?

A weirdo perhaps, but I don't think she's a sociopath.

Oh she's a pure monster, like four Hitlers with boobs.

I cleared out a bunch of space on my harddrive, but I just couldn't bring myself to uninstall ARMA 2, because maybe, juuuust maybe, we'll get the band back together, and go stumble around Chernarus once again.

quote:

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Apparently the stable version out now has zombies. Popped on last night and ran into a few at some secret army base out in the woods, beat them about the head with a meat tenderizer, and then sewed my wounds with a needle and thread I found in a bathroom filled with stuff that can only be described as a junky's kit.

It's pretty and all, but standalone just doesn't speak to me like the mod did, and I think it's because there's no Funbulance.

quote:

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
we should all just schedule a date and do a reunion tour for a couple of days.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
I would be down for reinstalling it all for a reunion tour weekend. Maybe MLK weekend?

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
I would be down for reinstalling it all for a reunion tour weekend. Maybe MLK weekend?

Maybe not MLK, I would hope some of us had more enviable goals with a 3 day weekend than play games. Lets aim for a regular two-day weekend?

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I dunno, I can't think of a better way of honoring Martin Luther King's memory than picking up empty cans in Notrussia.

quote:

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I'd be in for that. I still ahve ARMA installed...

I"m off Friday/Saturday/sunday...

If anyone wants to go make some mayhem that even Allsate can't cover....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Throberella is off for winter break in like a weak and a half, Nala claims to have found an acceptable server. She's not interested in doing any base building, just wants to ride around filling people's tents with cans and shooting out tires.

quote:

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Tried one of the servers Nala found, spawned in as a cop, because of course I did, with a Colt Anaconda, because that's the kind of gun a Eastern Bloc cop would have, farted around for a minute until I heard a car coming, walked out into the street and shot it several times before he ran me over.

Respawned down the coast a ways and here comes that SUV again. Step out into the street and fire off all six rounds as he buzzes by, reload, fire off five more as he makes another pass. He spins around and comes at me again, I use my last bullet, try to dodge the hurtling steel cock substitute and instead get smashed into a surprisingly sturdy wooden fence, ending my life for a second time.

Welcome to DayZ.

quote: