SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Scoped M249 bitches.

I have a boner for murder.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
For whatever reason I am not receiving friend requests, so I sent you one, I'll get you the Mumble info there, but I think everyone logged off for the night.

It's because when you search for airsoft_guy, three "airsoft_guy" handles show up, and then your Steam name: [NGA]GrandpasOFace.

You must have changed it in the past?

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Scoped M249 bitches.

Lucky you. I've played some, and I haven't found a thing useful.

The steam reviews of the stand alone are very funny:

"Getting shot for beans, the game."

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:

It's because when you search for airsoft_guy, three "airsoft_guy" handles show up, and then your Steam name: [NGA]GrandpasOFace.

You must have changed it in the past?

I thought I posted my screenname was GrandpasOFace, but my steam name was airsoft_guy. No matter, it all worked out. There's a story behind that name.

quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Lucky you. I've played some, and I haven't found a thing useful.

The steam reviews of the stand alone are very funny:

"Getting shot for beans, the game."

That sounds about right. We kilt a man just cuz he was in the road. I was up on a PKM in the bed of this pickup, saw this guy running so I fired off a burst, hit him in the leg and our driver ran him over. Took him five minutes to actually die. We were down the road raiding someone's base when the kill notification popped up. Might have been his base even. His was not a Klingon death.

quote:
Scoped M249 bitches.

I've created a monster. Not sure how I feel about that. Should I pass out cigars?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
So, do you get to keep your stuff as you play the game over time, or do you just spawn with a spork and a used diaper every time you start a session? Are there any consequences to murdering people for sport, instead of the zombies?

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, do you get to keep your stuff as you play the game over time, or do you just spawn with a spork and a used diaper every time you start a session? Are there any consequences to murdering people for sport, instead of the zombies?

You can keep your stuff, unless you die. Anything you have stashed in your base (if you have a base) will stay. If you die, it stays on your body until either someone else loots you and takes it, or you come back and loot yourself and take it.

And I got lucky. After about 8 untimely deaths, I managed to spawn near and meet up with ASG's crew. We just happened to be in a good spot in town right at the server reset, so we got some good loot, including a much larger pack for me, and a bunch of guns,

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Clearly I need to get on when you guys are on, so I can not be murdered. Also, it seems that I have been on servers when they've already been looted. I haven't found shit.

Running around with either no weapon, or a weapon and no ammo, and being killed by other players, gets old fast. I can evade the zombies easily enough, because they don't have guns.

Arc.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clearly I need to get on when you guys are on, so I can not be murdered. Also, it seems that I have been on servers when they've already been looted. I haven't found shit.

Running around with either no weapon, or a weapon and no ammo, and being killed by other players, gets old fast. I can evade the zombies easily enough, because they don't have guns.

Well, I will be on later tonight. If you use the IP that ASG posted earlier in the thread. I can only speak for the specific server but it resets every few hours. The best loot is right at reset but loot will spawn when you get withing 30' or so of a building. It could be guns, food, drinks or empty tin cans.

Having the voice chat on Mumble really helped me as i could ask questions to the others and get answers on how to use items. This game is not very intuitive at all.

Kevin

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
With as sweet-ass as this game is, I'm going to get a few friends in on it too. We'll have a massive crew if I can get them on.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
With as sweet-ass as this game is, I'm going to get a few friends in on it too. We'll have a massive crew if I can get them on.

There really is strength in numbers...

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'll be on later, but I've got no headset yet.

Look for the guy with my name, probably being chased by zombies. Or a corpse with my name, being looted for the bacon or glow sticks.

Arc.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:

Look for the guy with my name, probably being chased by zombies. Or a corpse with my name, being looted for the bacon or glow sticks.

K. I think my game name is just Kevin, I can't figure out how to change it.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

You can still get on Mumble and listen to use have a good time, while a single tear rolls down your cheek. You don't have any mic at all, just to hold you over until a proper headset can be gotten?

quote:

Gotta get on our server, starts you out with just enough to keep you alive, unless you run into some well equipped assholes, all you need is a melee weapon and you're good to go for the most part.

And don't pick up glow sticks.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Arc, our personal differences aside you should play on he server with us. We usually have 5 man teams and are doing pretty well.

You have a huge advantage din a group

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Your sociopath girl shay and I are like kindred spirits.

I am not sure I trust either of us....

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your sociopath girl shay and I are like kindred spirits.

I am not sure I trust either of us....

This is gonna end like Reservoir Dogs isn't it?

quote:

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Arc, our personal differences aside you should play on he server with us. We usually have 5 man teams and are doing pretty well.

You have a huge advantage din a group

I've been on the server. It's time zones. Let's not put drama where there isn't any.

Arc.

Sigforum said: "You'll be fine trust us."

Picture of mn_smokeater
posted Hide Post
Tempted to just bite the bullet and pay full price on op arrowhead so I can get on.

Spent last night dicking round in the armory and did a "mobility course" in a humvee amberlamps it took roughly a half hour to forty five min. and much beer was consumed and both me and my girl were bout having anxiety attacks trying to roll this beast through 72 Pt. turns trying to get up hills and past slaloms.

I see the possibility for more fun like that in DayZ

~------------------------------~
"Other Duties as Assigned"

Posts: 1355 | Location: Bemidji, MN | Registered: March 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post

Hey Killer, what's one of those important rules of gun safety? Always be sure of your target and what's beyond it. Throberella had to die for your negligence. At least he didn't suffer much, what with his brains blown out, a good undertaker can maybe fix that hole and make sure his momma gets an open casket to see her baby boy one more time.

quote:

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Whoops...

In fairness, someone else called him out as enemy... I popped off a burst in his direction right before someone identified him a friendly...

Figures I'd get a lucky shot when i was shooting at a friendly...