SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
Wipe?

Whaddaya mean, wipe????

Shogun was planning on doing a server wipe. Retaining everyone's bank accounts. But wiping all player built structures.

The FPS were suffering. My internet connection is smoking fast and I have a pretty awesome machine. When I first started the server I was running at 59-60 fps regularly no matter what. Recently I've been running at 30+/-. So I can imagine how some may have been suffering.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Hopefully I'll have time to play with you guys this weekend some.

Grave - If you see Arc. Can you just grab whatever coins he salvaged from my safe before the wipe? I think I'm more likely to see you on before I see Arc.

Yea I'll get it from him tonight.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
So, I haven't played in a LOOOONG time. I updated all the game files to the version running on the server. I got on Cherno 1, and played for about an hour with rottie. I'm a total Bambi because I haven't played that server in pretty much forever. We managed to get me a large gunbag and some Mozzie parts.

Logged out, because real life called.Tried to get back in real quick just to get the Teamspeak address, and no worky.

Now DayZ Commander is telling me that my ARMA 2 version is 125548, even though I never updated it to that version, AND it's not giving me the option to roll back like it used to. What the hell do I do now?

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Try going into DayZ Commander under Install/Updates. Change the dropdown to the right of Arma 2 to 112555 and click install. Maybe that will help.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
It doesn't give me the drop-down, that's why I'm stuck.

Also, what is the Teamspeak and webpage info? I'd like to buy a donor pack.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: g8rforester,

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
The TS server info is: insurrection.teamspeak3.com No pass.

The website is InsurrectionGaming.net

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
It doesn't give me the drop-down, that's why I'm stuck.

Also, what is the Teamspeak and webpage info? I'd like to buy a donor pack.

You got that resolved since I saw you on last night right?

And sorry about going AFK on you, my dog was being a dick.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Yes, I went to the website above and saw the "options" that Shogun put up for getting things working again. I think I would have listed #3 as #1 myself, but I don't run the joint.

Anyhow, are the donor packs available? Rottie sent me a link to the page, but then I read on the forum that he's migrating old purchases, but not doing new ones right now. I'm not sure if that's old info though.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
No ETA on when new ones are going to be up and running. I think he wants to have the servers running bug free for at least a week or two before he brings donator perks back.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
If anyone is still having issues, its because Steam is picking up where Gamespy left off.

thru steam, make sure both ARMA 2 And OA are set to be up to date and auto-updated. Then let steam download what is necessary and start each of them.

To get Dayz Commander to behave, after updating through steam, let commander do a complete server refresh, and it will show the insurrection servers properly.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I downloaded the updated DayZCommander which was updated on the 29th. Works fine. And Shogun told me to set Arma to not autoupdate in steam as it would overwrite my key sometimes and I would lose my perks. Is this not the case anymore?

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
if you've got it currently updated in steam, then go ahead and shut off auto-update if he says to. It's the whole querky mod thing.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
So you guys still doing this, or what? I see y'all on Steam playing occasionally, but nobody on Mumble.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I've been taking a break while my back recovers. Until I'm not in pain all the time and can sleep like a relatively normal person.

Arc.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Nobody was playing so I join the Insurrection Gaming TS. Everybody else now does the same.

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Yeah, come on the Insurrection TS. We're having a great time!!

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
You people make me sick to my ass. I don't wanna talk to those chuds.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I was being sarcastic.

However, there is a certain amount of benefit, because the 15 year-olds are halfway decent at Sector runs, Balota raids, and whatnot. They make really good cannon-fodder so that us old farts can do the heavy-lifting.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
And for the shenanigans. Also I can ban them if they start screeching.

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
So.....

We pretty much done with this game?