SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Ok, I have an idea. Is it possible to put down a plot pole inside Sector HF?

Put down plot pole, set down several safes. Remove plot pole. Or will the safes decay?

Then instead of having to worry about making it all the way back out with the loot we can just lock it up in the safes and come back periodically and grab everything.

If we can't put down a plot pole inside Sector HF then maybe near the back door. Then maybe build a little garage type structure with lockable doors and have a suv and a little bird parked inside to ferry people in and out of Sector and go and grab people that get killed.

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It may be protected like a trader area, so no logging/building. If not, I have to think that as soon as staff saw construction inside HF, it would simply be deleted.

Making a little locking shed near the back door is more likely to be actually allowed and doable.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I'd think the best course of action would be to build a small shack with some safes inside, to the north side of HF.

Think about it: everyone comes to HF from a southerly direction, and then they are worried about eliminating the AI. I bet if we built one in the woods to the north by a few hundred yards, no one would ever know it was there.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There really are times in this game I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry...

Finally got myself some decent gear. AK-74, four mags, and a Glock 17. Some bandages, sardines, a full water bottle, etc.

I guess I was feeling pretty cocky. Decided to take a shot at a lone zombie on a hill...didn't realize he had six buddies on the other side that I couldn't see.

Got two, tried to run, bled out.

Back to square one. Lesson learned, avoid the undead, trust no one, conserve ammo...

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Xwesler, you must be in the standalone, or a server with runners.

Tip one- stealth

Tip two- avoid anything that can be

Tip three- only shoot real threats, axe zombies questions

Tip four- when being chased, run through a building. Even a shed. It will slow the zombies just enough.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tip three- only shoot real threats, axe zombies questions

ba-dum-cha!

I played the standalone for a bit, decided to move back to the mod for a while since the Alpha can get unnecessarily frustrating. I didn't realize zombie speed differed from server to server...I'll have to find a more Resident Evil or Night of the Living Dead one, as opposed to the 28 Days Later nightmare I've been in!

----------

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, a couple n00b questions here.

So far every server I've played on (Epoch) has had the sprinting zombies. How do I find ones with slow ones?

Also, if you don't have any weapons, are you just screwed, or is there some way to use your fists like in the standalone? It's a bit frustrating when I spawn 30 ft away from a zombie and all I can do is run, but if that's how it has to be, it is what it is...

----------

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
In the server description, look for "walking dead". That means slow z's.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Grave:

Sorry, I had to log out. I left the backdoor fairly clear for you though!! I think I had 90-something z's and 24 bandits!! Fun stuff.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
In the server description, look for "walking dead". That means slow z's.

Much obliged! Having a blast now that I'm not being run down by Rage zombies!

----------

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Fuck you, Gravity!

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
Grave:

Sorry, I had to log out. I left the backdoor fairly clear for you though!! I think I had 90-something z's and 24 bandits!! Fun stuff.

No Worries, figured you had to run.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
I should really start FRAPSing our escapades and put them on youtube. Sometimes the shit is just too hilarious for words.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
So, I'm back from vacay. What's new?

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I should be on at some point tonight. See you guys there!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
So after everyone left, Rotty and I drove up to where Carter had his stuff near Pusta and hot wired his locked unarmed vodnik. We drove it all the way to Klen where we sold it for half a briefcase.

As we were selling it we hear these grenades going off from a Mk.19 somewhere down the hill towards Krosnostav. I leave Rotty with the camo SUV for extraction and I run down the hill looking for trouble.

I spot 3 people standing next to each other in the woods. I lay down and survey the scene. One female, a male, and a zombie with an Enfield. The zombie happened to be Ron Jeremy as we had run into him earlier. I guess he was helping them do something. I ask over side chat, "Ron, who are you with?" ....no response. But then Ron takes off and runs right by me so I feel like that's the signal for me to let loose. I wait til the female is crafting something....BANG head shot. She goes down instantly. The other guy takes off running. I lead him a good bit and BANG. He disappears behind some trees only to reappear, bleeding profusely. I let loose with a couple more rounds to put Blitz out of his misery. I didn't get a good look at the name of the female.

Off there dead corpses I retrieved a safe and an almost full briefcase. Also in with my plunder was a Jackyl, hence the exploding grenades.

I see in side chat that they are sending someone from Gorka to go after me so I don't hang around long. I jump into the Jackyl and high tail it to the Hero Camp where I dump the hot loot. I then run down the opposite hill from wince I came and wait for extraction from Rotty in the SUV. The plan was a total success and Rotty now has a safe at the north base.

The only thing I regret is not taking a look at what was in the Jackyl. Didn't even look.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Fun times.

After that I dumped all my gear in the safe. Except the M8 Sharpshooter, 1x 100 rnd mag. One blood bag, morphine, and bandage.

I headed to sector. Used secret rock climbing skills only passed down to those from clan sigforum. Proceeded to assault sector as a line wolf. Knowing it would end in my demise.

Took out 3-4 machine fun emplacements. And twice that number of soldiers on foot. Before a lucky head shot the enemy placed made me slip. Where I was dead before I hit the ground. Big Grin

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What server are y'all on now?

I had my fun in a TBK server, but once I lost my Chinook I decided it was time to move on :P

Maybe I'll join you all.

----------

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Well Unsub and Akanthos have gone off the rails. They built a troll base 200m south on the hill next to our north base. They spent an hour attacking and camping the base when Godsmoke was alone, changed their names and everything. Also blew up my helicopters (as expected).

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
Well Unsub and Akanthos have gone off the rails. They built a troll base 200m south on the hill next to our north base. They spent an hour attacking and camping the base when Godsmoke was alone, changed their names and everything. Also blew up my helicopters (as expected).

Sounds like they need some Javelins dropped on their base when they are in it.

Speaking of Javelins. Even though we died a horrible death. That was hell of some fun.