SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
That is indeed karma-licious!!

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It was nice playing with people in the new base on Shoguns, and as Godsmoke remarked "I forgot how good it feels to kill real people."

But guys, Please. PLEASE do not clutter the sheds with Makarovs, flashlights, and coyote packs. Just drop that shit. No need to use storage on shit you spawn with.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
#1 thing learned last night. Don't dare be at the AI base in server restart. I saw at least 3 helos spawn. And over 10 AI halo jump into the base.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Could you ambush the AI base at server restart if you had some buddies and a way to shoot down the helos?

Posts: 11157 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Could you ambush the AI base at server restart if you had some buddies and a way to shoot down the helos?

I think so. The Helos spawned on the north side of the base headed south. Right in the middle of it. So I think if you were on the south side. Looking North. You'd have a pretty good shot at it.

If nothing else. You'd have a hell of a time shooting parachuting AI out of the sky. I saw at least 10 in the air at once. Just in my field of view. Judging from the amount of AI gunfire I heard. I bet there are twice that amount.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Not sure if they got it but last night Godsmoke left his plot pole under his floating garage thing (which is awesome btw). He asked us to get it after he logged but no one had a crowbar.

He also left the garage door unlocked so I parked my lockable camo SUV in there (please don't 'splode it). I'll move it tonight if it's in the way...He also didn't tell anyone the code for that door, so my truck might be stuck.

Anyway, we found a place where admin donor little birds spawn, so we can just go there and get free green/fueled choppers anytime we want. It was pretty awesome to have 4 of us all flying together at the same time.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Decided to chop down some trees last night to wall in the wood/craft shed. Got popped in the head by some shitdick who stole my coyote pack and crowbar...but none of the plywood or the chainsaw? People are fucking stupid.

Anyway, got it walled up so we can store lumber and shit out there without worrying about anyone trying to steal it. Code is 071 I believe. I'm going to make it bigger tonight (for another wood shed), but last night I just wanted to get it all sealed up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gravebone,

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to get time to jump on with you guys this weekend. With a 1 year old and working 8-5.

Sleep is a precious commodity. Big Grin

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Alright, trying to land on the helipad connected to arcs tree fortress maze of doom is NO BUENO in the dark.

Tree + random telephone pole: 1

Gravebone's Merlin: 0

But I didn't die, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
So, interestingly, I went to log in tonight and got this message:

Admin ban: stealing files

Which is bizarre, and I think solely because someone asked about Shay in sidechat and I answered.

I don't feel terribly compelled to get unbanned, as this is just foolishness.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Fuck that Durn server, back to Shogun.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Cheaters on Durn?

Arc.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Cheaters on Durn?

Just a collaboration of stuff that makes it unsavory to me.

Last night I discovered that there's a Shogun Chero #2 server...so I hopped over there to check it out. Almost an exact copy of server 1, but with 60fps.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
My tdy got extended a week. I'll be on Saturday night I think.

Posts: 11157 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Dunno what they did but last night I was rockin' 43fps on Shogun 1. Also there's now a full tanker truck in the basement of our garage that I found right on the road next to our base.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Ok so Balota is a horrible place for a base. I have been trapped for an hour and a half because an APC keeps circling...blew up all of our shit too. Pretty awesome.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
What server are we playing on?

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
We've got the mogli base on Shogun 1, and a Balota base on Shogun 2.

Having a Balota base definitely means everyone will fuck with it.

Arc.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
We've got the mogli base on Shogun 1, and a Balota base on Shogun 2.

Having a Balota base definitely means everyone will fuck with it.

After dying 8 times last night trying to leave the base, I'm pretty done. Seems like most of the fucking douchebags migrated over here.

Oh and once I made it out, I got aced by an AI headshot flying over the weed field on my way back to base in a mozzie.

You (arc) and godsmoke are apparently on the kill list for unsub and his gang because you mowed down Akthanos at that building supply crate the other night.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
That guy can get butthurt all he likes about his buddy getting stitched at a building crate. That was fair game, you don't go get one of those unless you-

A: get to it fast enough and get out fast enough

or B: Roll on it heavy enough to fight it out with others.

Either way, you're out in the open at a crate anyone can take, and getting to it doesn't mean its yours. You have to earn it if someone shows up who wants it too.

We paid back the base grieffers well enough last night, and if what happens to you happens again, contact an admin, because that shit is against the server rules.

Arc.