SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I have everything we need. Two plot poles even... just need to find a suitable location. You know what they say... location location location.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I have everything we need. Two plot poles even... just need to find a suitable location. You know what they say... location location location.

I moved into the outskirts of Detroit. Every 3-5 minutes there's gunfire. Good thing I have bars on my windows :P

Godsmoke said last night that he went to a supply drop and that other random who's been playing showed up there too in a chopper. Godsmoke rolled up in his armored humvee and an AI shot an Igla at the chopper and it went boom. So they DO use them. (Granted that's a heat seeking missile and not an RPG, but still).

Ferris Bueller's DayZ is up and running now. Last night they got it working and everything seems to be running pretty solidly. Nala still needs to add chainsaws and minor stuff like that, but for the most part it's good.

AI missions seem to spawn a little fast though, but I think she's going to adjust that. If you don't like the way Gurney's server is rolling as far as the AI/towing/etc it's a good alternative, especially for if/when they get hived. (Even if they don't get hived, nothing wrong with a hard gear reset)

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The loot spawns will be coming along, and I'll be going through the rest of the buildings once we get the hiccups out of what's been done.

Ferris Buellers DayZ also has its own mumble, which is:

ngagaming.mumble.com port 8099

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
The loot spawns will be coming along, and I'll be going through the rest of the buildings once we get the hiccups out of what's been done.

Ferris Buellers DayZ also has its own mumble, which is:

ngagaming.mumble.com port 8099

I won't be on tonight, but can someone check and see if the AMOUNT of Ai is set correctly? Last night after everyone wandered off me and Treekillah felt like we were defending Stary from waves of orcs, waiting for Ghandalf to ride in from the east. It was just CONSTANT AI rolling up in jeeps and shit. We didn't even have a chance to loot any of them before more would show up.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was kind of teh suck.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
There's nothing quite like running out of the barn in your base to put up some light poles and getting one-shot in the fucking face by a prone AI that glitched inside.

Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I haven't had much tiem to play in the past week or two, but might have some time to hop on and play this weekend. Where is everyone playing now? Gurney's new place? Nala's? Shogun's? Where should I go if I get some time?

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
There's nothing quite like running out of the barn in your base to put up some light poles and getting one-shot in the fucking face by a prone AI that glitched inside.

If you've made a base that has server created buildings in or near it, AI and zombies will be a problem. They may be spawning in, not glitching in. Also, I recommend not depending on server created buildings for a base, as they can be destroyed by players or AI.

If it's actually a glitching in issue, you need to look at the walls and make sure that there are not small gaps at the bottom or in between, as douchy players will take advantage. Barbed wire should solve any glitching.

We can take a look at your base tonight.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:

If you've made a base that has server created buildings in or near it, AI and zombies will be a problem. They may be spawning in, not glitching in. Also, I recommend not depending on server created buildings for a base, as they can be destroyed by players or AI.

If it's actually a glitching in issue, you need to look at the walls and make sure that there are not small gaps at the bottom or in between, as douchy players will take advantage. Barbed wire should solve any glitching.

We can take a look at your base tonight.

This is over on Gurney's server and it's one of the big red metal sided barns. The AI will run up to the walls and just stand there until I kill them or they glitch inside. I have the entire exterior lined with barb-wire. Zombies just stroll on through too, I've stood there and watched them.

The base I make on FB DayZ is gonna be in a better location. This one is cool, but in reality it's too big for just me.

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Anyone playing tonight?

I'd really love to get some base-building going on!!

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
Anyone playing tonight?

I'd really love to get some base-building going on!!

I should be on later.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Logged into Ferris Beullers Server to check it out. Spawned 3 times in the wilderness way off the left side of the map. Coordinates were 098 something. Let zombies eat me 3 times hoping so spawn somewhere closer.

Not sure if that's intentional or a bug. But it was awful. Took me 10 minutes of running before I even got to the edge of the map.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I Is a bug. They are working on it.

recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Clearly some things have changed in my absence. AI with RPGs again? Packing cargo planes into SUVs? Da fuq?

Arc and I (Reborn) were just rolling along in our armored SUV looting the weapon spawns, when we found a C130 above Stary.

Arc got out and took his plasma cutter to the wings and body, and we got er all loaded up in the SUV, drove it and sold it.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I Is a bug. They are working on it.

Made it all the way to balota airfield. Almost died of thirst for lack of sodas along the way. No loot anywhere. At all. Nada.

Managed to kill two armed bandits with my machete. While crawling to dodge gunfire from a third. Opened a door and it broke my leg. Managed to get to the med tent. Morphine my self.

As soon as I stood up. Helo gunned me down. Doh!!!

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
As far as there being little or no loot, that is being worked on. Once fixed, there will actually be loot spawning where you've not seen it spawn, as well as ye olde locations.

It's a lot of work to trudge through the code for this stuff. When we've got it, it will be sweet. Until then, unfortunately, it's going to not be.

Arc.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as there being little or no loot, that is being worked on. Once fixed, there will actually be loot spawning where you've not seen it spawn, as well as ye olde locations.

It's a lot of work to trudge through the code for this stuff. When we've got it, it will be sweet. Until then, unfortunately, it's going to not be.

It's all good. I appreciate the effort you guys go to. Just to give us a place to escape to and kill some bandits.

I'm just stoked with those two bandit kills. With a machete!! Big Grin

recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Arc,

You gonna be on Shoguns at some point this week?

I leave for a cruise on Thursday, but I might have a snow day tomorrow, so if you need some help getting some loots and stuff there, I should be able to help out.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'll be on it occasionally, if just to try to find out why the plot pole was missing from the new small base. If the other one I put down disappears, I'll call shenanigans.

Arc.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Been pretty fun playing by myself all weekend...but not really.