SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
is there a server "name" I can try to search the server list by maybe?

If it's not popping up when you put the IP in then you're not gonna find it with a name. Try NGA though if that'll tickle your taint. Have you tried restarting?

Fuck... I've reset my filters... restarted the application.. restarted my machine.

Still nothing. I'm with KevinCW. The gaming gods conspire against me.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Well count me as a member of the "turn down the fucking AI" club.

Building my new base and suddenly get one shot by an AI WAAAAAYYYYYYYY the fuck off with an M107.

Why the FUCK do they have anti-materiel rifles?!

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the AI needs to be less well armed. the 12.7mm rifles are ridiculously common, and they one-shot _cars_ with those. Any Randos aren't going to come back after that.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Yep. I was gonna grab your stuff last night but you logged.

Let's see if we can find a happy medium for the AI here. Right now it is almost impossible to play solo or even sometimes in pairs. Want to make it more difficult turn up the number of zombies. They really aren't a threat but double the number might be.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
I've been on servers where the AI is absolutely retarded, so turning them down is definitely possible.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
I'm done with Gurney's server. Just gonna wait until the other one is up and only play over there. I can't take this constant super-accurate-AI crawling up your ass bullshit. I can't even build my fucking base without getting shot in the head from 600m. Fucking full auto Mk48 machine gun standing up, 100% headshots.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Hopefully I don't lose the briefcases I had saved in my safe. I can't remember how many I had. Maybe 19?

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Hopefully I don't lose the briefcases I had saved in my safe. I can't remember how many I had. Maybe 19?

You shouldnt. Everything is back nkw.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
These new loot spawns are both good and bad.

Good way to get yourself killed if you go to the wrong one alone.

Great way to get some nice gear.

I've gotten about 4 briefcases of gold, 4 (ya, that's right FOUR) RPG's and ammo for them. and lots of sweet guns. Also, about 50 hand held grenades and 50 gun launched grenades

BUt you only have 15 minutes to get to them, find them, fight off the WELL armed bad guys, loot the stuff and fight off the bandits who will hear the shots and come.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
YOu know, I haven't died ONCE since Gurny's sever went up. Not once. I died 5 times tonight. Those goddamned AI and those goddamed tempting crates.

Oh well, I still have 5 empty safes, 5 RPG's and about 20 rounds for them, 75 or so handheld frag grenades, 50 gun launcher grenades, and more. Bring it AI.

Side note, we need to reevaluate the main base. Everything is too clustered, and people can't build what they want. We either need to make a rule that people keep their apartment as is, and go all "martha stewert" on their own single base, or redesign it to accommodate all.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Despite being called a whiner for telling Gurney I was going to quit (his server), he turned down the AI and it's been a whole lot better since. Mission accomplished, you can thank me anytime.

While they're still dangerous, they're not "lol one shot kill from 600 meters bitch!" hard.

Though they did shoot down Godsmoke and Kevin last night. A few well placed engine shots from a single AI with an L115 did the trick...they landed about 50m in front of my truck...so lucky.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
You weren't the only one "whining," he rage-quit mumble on me the other day for telling him what's what about the AI.

It's a bit better, but still rapey.

Tonight I saw the worst parking job ever, as Reborn drove his newly minted armored SUV into base.

Over the wall.

Not on purpose, but she came in _over_ the wall and on her side. We await server restart and the potential chain reaction of vehicle explosions. Or, it will just be upright.

Also, anyone who'd like to pop into shoguns, it's getting about 30 frames now, and the wee base is only 3 10oz every 9 days, which I wouldn't mind help keeping up.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Can you email me the code to the base on shoguns please

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Have you been there yet? It's well up the hill north of the old base, in the tree line.

Arc.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Decided to fly around for a bit last night and try to get some ikea drops. Found one, took 10 minutes to locate the crate. Drop down and suddenly 6 dudes...ok...fly away, hop out.

Proceed to slaughter them, run up to crate, poofs as soon as I click it.

Fuck my life.

Did get some good weapons and RPG rounds from the bad guys though...REALLY glad they didn't get a rocket off at my helicopter.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Have you been there yet? It's well up the hill north of the old base, in the tree line.

Yes. I walked there but couldn't get in. I meant to ask you but forgot.

recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Tonight I saw the worst parking job ever, as Reborn drove his newly minted armored SUV into base.

Over the wall.

Not on purpose, but she came in _over_ the wall and on her side. We await server restart and the potential chain reaction of vehicle explosions. Or, it will just be upright.

Look sometimes it's more about style, than substance. I drove that bitch right up the wall, no fricking wood wall is gonna keep me from my destiny... or something.

I am still LoLing about packing the c130 into the SUV and driving it around though...

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Clearly some things have changed in my absence. AI with RPGs again? Packing cargo planes into SUVs? Da fuq?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
In addition to towing you can load a vehicle into another vehicle. I think K Gurney got frustrated with getting towing working so he just enabled it all with no restrictions.

I haven't seen ai using rpgs yet but you can get them from the crate drops.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
There are dozens and dozens of keys in the sheds, mostly for vehicles that are lost or no longer exist. Kinda sucks because the keys take up gun slots.

Ya'all should consider doing some house cleaning with regards to the keys.

Kevin, did you start building our treehouse?

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post