SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
then at least get mumble so you can hear us... you can always type what you have to say in chat.

Great idea! I'll definitely do that.

After I download mumble. I'm assuming I just start the mumble application. Then run DayZ. I'm assuming it will automatically log into the correct channel, etc.,?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
you gotta get the IP for our mumble server.

Mumble is a separate program, like teamspeak.

I will send it to you in a bit. I"m not in front of my pc right now

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Alright so I played for a bit last not on a totally unrelated server.

You spawned with a suppressed M4 and M9 and full blood bags and ammo and stuff...it was weird.

I'd almost rather start with nothing. I killed like 50 zombies within an hour and got bored. Admin showed up and gave me a humvee...felt too much like cheating. (because it was!)

Anyway, I should be on your server at some point this evening...I'll just get the mumble from you in game or something. Or use the in game voice chat that I have no idea how to use yet. In fact, I know almost nothing. I don't even know how to read the gps map coordinates thing.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Bluetooth is good up to 30+ feet I thought?

How far away are you?

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Bluetooth is good up to 30+ feet I thought?

How far away are you?

Opposite side your average size living room. Maybe the headsets are different. But I've never been able to get a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard to reliably work at the distance. I say reliably... They would work 50% of the time. Terrible when you are playing online.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
So how do I connect to 192.31.185.205:3204 with DayZ Commander?

It keeps kicking me back to the Arma 2 main screen.

It flashes an error and I don't have time to read it...sucks. Even the server I joined last night won't work.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
So how do I connect to 192.31.185.205:3204 with DayZ Commander?

It keeps kicking me back to the Arma 2 main screen.

It flashes an error and I don't have time to read it...sucks. Even the server I joined last night won't work.

Make sure you run steam as admin. Them run arma2 once. Then exit and repeat with the AO expansion.

Then run dayz commander.

This had me stumped for about two hours.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
let me know your info on steam so i can friend you, I'll give you the mumble info there

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
We're coming.

For your shoes.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
let me know your info on steam so i can friend you, I'll give you the mumble info there

My user name is "myrottiety".

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Had a pretty good time last night. Is it normally that...uh...boring? Seemed like there was almost no danger of anything happening. Get into vehicle, drive to airfield, loot stuff, drive around running over zombies, go home.

I guess what I mean is...I want to kill people and loot their still warm corpses...and there's no people to kill.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Our server is still under construction.... and thus only populated by us. Once the administration has time to do some coding and add more of the mods it will be more popular.

Other servers... you always have the danger of other players (up to 49 others) who may help or hurt. IME, most hurt.

Also, I believe it was discussed to at least try AI bandit enemies who will be out to kill you.

Since the server is still under construction, and much work needs to be done on the admin side many of the buildings don't spawn the right loot, or the right amount. That has to be changed but they have to change each building type individually.

Due to this, we stayed in the safer areas of the map...

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Makes sense. I mean there's nothing wrong with running around and collecting gear. I somehow found that M4 when I got chased onto that roof by zombies, lucky I guess!

Oh forgot to ask last night...can you build stuff?

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Makes sense. I mean there's nothing wrong with running around and collecting gear. I somehow found that M4 when I got chased onto that roof by zombies, lucky I guess!

Yes. On the old server we have both a 3 story base with two 8 car garages. another large open one.

If you look at the base now, we have reinforced the walls, and those helipads on the tower are built. Same with the storage sheds.

There will be much more building, only that ther are some mods that need to be changed as well to build better.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes. On the old server we have both a 3 story base with two 8 car garages. another large open one.

If you look at the base now, we have reinforced the walls, and those helipads on the tower are built. Same with the storage sheds.

There will be much more building, only that ther are some mods that need to be changed as well to build better.

Oh nice. And are you supposed to be able to get into the building the chopper is parked on? For some reason it wouldn't allow me to open that door.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The really tall building with the tower? Yes, you can go in and up a tall ladder that will take you the the chopper. The short building has some stairs to it.

Oh nice. And are you supposed to be able to get into the building the chopper is parked on? For some reason it wouldn't allow me to open that door.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
On a side note. On the old server. I stumbled across a base with a combo code on the door.

I thought it was pretty neat in spite of the fact I wanted in and couldn't get it! LOL.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
On a side note. On the old server. I stumbled across a base with a combo code on the door.

I thought it was pretty neat in spite of the fact I wanted in and couldn't get it! LOL.

Ours will have that soon. THen you wouldn't have been able to eat our food!!!! The problem right now is that we have a road in the base, and you can't build over roads yet. Once that gets changed, there will be a big garage door there with a lock on it.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:

Ours will have that soon. THen you wouldn't have been able to eat our food!!!! The problem right now is that we have a road in the base, and you can't build over roads yet. Once that gets changed, there will be a big garage door there with a lock on it.

Life or Death Situation!! You didn't see the IOU in the back seat of the HMMV?! I didn't know!! But once I link up and go looting with you guys. I'll contribute back to you guys.