SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Troy: Fall of a City
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Troy: Fall of a City Login/Join 
posted
Anybody seen this Netflix/BBC show?

Just got done with it...it's a laugher. Being a 8-show series, it actually delves into more of the Iliad story than the Brad Pitt/Eric Bana disaster. Unfortunately, somebody high-up at the BBC thought they could capture some Game of Thrones-vibes and ended up failing in a number of ways. The most obvious is the introduction of Black actors to a Greek story, if a studio wants to get multi-culti, than do it...considering Troy sits at the entrance of the Dardenlles, put some Semetic, East Indian and Asian faces in also. I'm sure the Greeks themselves crack up when every sword & sandal story has English-accented actors. Big Grin Oh, the acting, what acting...it's a laugher.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Yes I couldnt get through it. What an awful peace of dogshit it was.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I made it through the first 2 episodes, but found it so uninteresting that I starting watching other shows and just forgot about it.

At first I was wondering, who is the gay black dude? Then, at a certain point someone called him Achilles!

Is that the future? Re-cast every historical hero figure as a lgtbq minority.

Next week the new version of "Patton" comes out, and it turns out he was a transgendered illegal alien latino. (Joking)

This phase in societal evolution needs to hurry and run its course.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I made it just a little into Episode 1. To paraphrase Samuel Johnson, 'You don't have to eat the entire roast to tell that it's spoiled'.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:

Next week the new version of "Patton" comes out, and it turns out he was a transgendered illegal alien latino. (Joking)

NOW THAT I GOTTA SEE. LOL

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post