SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Suppose I wanted to try making Nashville hot chicken... any proven home recipes?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppose I wanted to try making Nashville hot chicken... any proven home recipes? Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
I’d like to give it a shot. Medium. I’ve had Hattie’s and it’s pretty darn good.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
I’d like to give it a shot. Medium. I’ve had Hattie’s and it’s pretty darn good.

I have never been to Nashville but I was determined to master the fabled HOT CHICKEN. 5 chickens later my wife called a halt to my quest. First, ya gotta fry, which is hard to master. I tried fry 'til done. Then I tried the fry then bake. Lets just agree that I won't open a fried chicken joint. My only advice: go to Sam's and buy the giant cayenne pepper jug. And white bread; gotta have white bread.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried this one before, it's not exactly Nashville hot chicken but we really liked it

http://gardenandgun.com/recipe...ined-dipped-chicken/

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Make sure you try Prince's when you get back to the Nashville area.

I've had this recipe, but haven't made it yet:

https://www.bonappetit.com/rec...le-style-hot-chicken

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post