SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I got a Rock!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got a Rock! Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
Who else grew up with charlie brown and Snoopy on Halloween?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Oh hell yea. And I still look forward to seeing them each year.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched it with my wife and our 4-1/2yr old daughter. My wife and I have watched it almost every single year since we can remember.

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Funny coincidence, for about a week I have been thinking of starting a Peanuts thread.

When I was a kid I really anticipated the Peanuts specials. Especially the Christmas. One year the bad kids in the neighborhood really did give out rocks for Halloween.

In conclusion I would to say this of Charlie Brown, "How I hate him!"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Friends make fun of me for it, but I love the Halloween and Christmas specials in particular. Watch them every year without fail.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
One year the bad kids in the neighborhood really did give out rocks for Halloween.

That always amused me about the Peanuts neighborhood. Apparently it was a custom to give out rocks to kids with bad costumes. It happened at multiple houses, and none of the other kids got rocks in their bags, so the houses were singling out Charlie Brown, presumably because of his messed-up ghost costume.

I pictured the household conversation going like:
"Honey, did we get enough candy for the trick-or-treaters tonight?"
"Yes, I got 4 bags worth at the grocery store."
"Well, what about the rocks? Did you get the rocks for the lame kids?"
"Oh, I forgot! I better go out into the garden right now and find some!"

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Still enjoy it after all these years.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
The Peanuts was the theme in my bedroom when I was little so I have fond memories. I've long said it was my favorite comic strip but after reading all of Calvin and Hobbes, it's hard to make that claim still.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
59 years old and I still want to put together a World War I Flying Ace costume... Smile

Posts: 3220 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post