Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alpha Login/Join 
Picture of Ken226
posted
It will be out in Imax in a couple weeks. Given what Hollywood has been offering up lately, i can't help but be pessimistic.

I'm hoping for a good, family friendly movie that isn't chock full of gay sex, polical correctness and subliminal messages about the utopia of liberalism.

https://youtu.be/uIxnTi4GmCo

https://youtu.be/SlL_6bDSd8E

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Cautious optimism here. The premise has promise, but as you've already noted there is a lot of potential for it to go PC-stupid in today's climate.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
They were chasing something that looked alot like bison, in Europe, 20,000 years ago. I had to look it up, but i guess there were indeed, ancestors of bison there, about that time.

I read some articles pointing to evidence of human bones having been found with wolf bones as far back as 400,000 years ago.

Evidence of fully domesticated wolves showing genetic deviation from wolves, the first dogs, living alongside humans as much as 45,000 years ago.

It's thought that the cro-magnon alliance with wolves allowed a comparative advantage, that may have had a role in the extinction of neanderthals.

It's a really interesting subject. The human love of dogs, and vice versa, is probably even on some level deeply rooted in the genetics of both species.

For thousands of generations, the human tribes who had domesticated wolves, had a comparative advantage over the competition.

It used to be thought that dogs were descendants of grey wolves, but modern genetic testing has disproven that. Dogs and grey wolves are sister taxon.

Grey wolves and dogs both share a common ancestor. Apparently, both dogs and grey wolves, as well as the Eurasian Wolf, descended from a now extinct late stoneage Eurasian wolf.

https://www.nature.com/news/an...n-of-the-dog-1.17607

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Dog is man's better half.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post