SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Peter, Paul and Mary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peter, Paul and Mary Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Just a heads up for all you old Hippies and Flower Children Big Grin.

They're going to have a show about them on PBS tonight. It's listed as Peter, Paul and Mary at Newport 1963-1965.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only have 1 album by them, Album1700, I like it a lot.
Thanks for the heads up, I might have to watch that concert, might help me relax.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it's one of the Infomercials PBS has been doing for a few years now. I'll probably tune in anyway, since I was a fan back then.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9153 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Ummm...

Child Molester

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOTIN BLANKS:
Ummm...

Child Molester

He's a liberal, he gets a pass from PBS (and all other liberals).

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any time I see one of these shows in my listings, a bell goes off, FUNDRAISER ! I got sucked in the other night by one featuring Chet Atkins. It looked like it was recorded yesterday but it was from 1987. Good show until those creepy PBS people showed up. Remember when the fundraisers were once or twice a year? Now they seem to be monthly. The dirty little secret is that most of these PBS stations have more money than God and their executives pay themselves very well.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dimly recall some sort of incident from the past involving him but could not recall what it was. I have one of their albums/DVD and have always liked their sound but have no love for child molesters. Getting a pardon once again proves it is who you know that counts.

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post