SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Crown- Season 2 on Netflix is out today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Crown- Season 2 on Netflix is out today Login/Join 
posted
That's all. Great series.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I liked it and I'll watch the new one tonight

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I watched two last night. It started a little slow but picked up the pace as it moved along. I'm not one all taken with British Royalty, but I find this series enjoyable and informative.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the second season yet, but I just like the show because I never really looked at these people with any humanity before watching this show. George and Elizabeth were never supposed to be the monarchs. That all changed when Edward VIII abdicated and suddenly their line are center stage and if given the choice they probably would have chose not to be.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I watched about 3 episodes last night. She should have had Philip bumped off years ago

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I watched two last night. It started a little slow but picked up the pace as it moved along. I'm not one all taken with British Royalty, but I find this series enjoyable and informative.

I find it interesting even though the monarchy has never appealed to me. I really like the scenery and castles and period items.

ichi-go ichi-e
Picture of Underworld2086
posted Hide Post
I loved the first season. Maybe I'll reup my netflix account.

Posts: 696 | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underworld2086:

It's probably best to pay for Netflix for a month, then cancel it, then wait 2-3 months for more shows then Pay for it again. I do that with Showtime just to watch Homeland and Billions which air at about the same time of the year, then the rest of the year Showtime isn't worth $1 a month, let alone 10.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

It's probably best to pay for Netflix for a month, then cancel it, then wait 2-3 months for more shows then Pay for it again. I do that with Showtime just to watch Homeland and Billions which air at about the same time of the year, then the rest of the year Showtime isn't worth $1 a month, let alone 10.

I guess one could do that, but at around $11 a month, Netflix is a deal in my book.

So who's finished the season two? any comments?

I liked it although I think season one was better. Season two dragged a bit in the middle and the absences of John Lithgow as Churchill left a void for me. Still, I'm looking forward to more.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

I guess one could do that, but at around $11 a month, Netflix is a deal in my book.

So who's finished the season two? any comments?

I liked it although I think season one was better. Season two dragged a bit in the middle and the absences of John Lithgow as Churchill left a void for me. Still, I'm looking forward to more.

I thought 1 or 2 episodes of season 2 dragged but the rest was very good. I really liked all of the ship scenes and scenery from where He went on the ship.