SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Carnival Row on Amazon Prime Video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carnival Row on Amazon Prime Video Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
Anyone else watching this? It's Amazon's new gritty urban steampunk fantasy series. The first season just dropped.

Pretty cool premise. Late 1800s city with humans living alongside fantasy creatures. Sort of like "From Hell/Penny Dreadful + Narnia/Game of Thrones".

But definitely not for the kids, with plenty of adult content.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Haven’t watched it yet, but plan to.
Looks like turn of the century “Bright”

Posts: 6303 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

Which doesn't bode well, if that's the case. That movie was lousy.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am thru the first 3 episodes, and at least it is better than Bright (faint praise). The two lead characters seem one dimensional but that will hopefully change.

Posts: 81 | Location: Springfield. USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
We are 3 episodes in and entertained so far.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

Which doesn't bode well, if that's the case. That movie was lousy.

I thought it had promise, just wasn't everyone's cup of tea. Thought they dropped the ball on the whole elf and magic wand portion of the story.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After watching the whole series I can say that is not as enjoyable as The Boys, but still worth watching. The world building is fascinating.

Posts: 81 | Location: Springfield. USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I rewatched this series last week, have not seen it since 2019. Still liked it. Looking forward to season two it starts on the 17th of this month. It has been a long wait.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two episodes of season 2, they were good. If you like a steampunk / fantasy / horror series it is worth checking out.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Well now I know why I've been seeing it on my lists, but didn't realize a new season had dropped. I'll have to binge the 1st one again.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post