SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    movie "Gangsterland"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

movie "Gangsterland" Login/Join 
posted
Saw this flick last night and felt like I had watched a poorly written production put on by badly directed high schoolers. Jason Patric was the only name I recognized and his role was pointless as were a few others. Between those that were over-acting and others that were under-acting I guess the producers felt the combination of the two made for a good movie. They were wrong. This movie was terrible.

I suspect the powers-that-be were thinking this was going to be the 21st century's "Untouchables" but they were not even close to being in that realm of quality. Poor casting, poor acting, bad screenplay & dialogue, and so on... Even the hats the actors wore weren't right. I've watched a lot of movies from the 30's & 40's and the hats, of the protagonists at least, in this movie didn't match. It's a weird, bad movie with cardboard cutout characters that you just can't care about.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post