SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jethro Tull live 1977
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jethro Tull live 1977 Login/Join 
FBHO
posted
This is tremendous Tull. Ive seen him five times between the coliseum and public hall. STELLAR.

enjoy

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw a YT video of him doing Locomotive Breath with the London Symphony Orchestra.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Nice. I'll be back for more. I needed something to get the crap out my head that I'm forced to listen to at work.

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Some of my crew ran into Ian at a bar in Barbados around 2002 and brought him back to the ship for a tour. We carried a deep diving research submarine at the time and he was really interested in marine biology and quite knowledgeable. A really nice and down to earth guy. I was thrilled as I have been a fan of his music since high school.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Him?

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
Some of my crew ran into Ian at a bar in Barbados around 2002 and brought him back to the ship for a tour. We carried a deep diving research submarine at the time and he was really interested in marine biology and quite knowledgeable. A really nice and down to earth guy. I was thrilled as I have been a fan of his music since high school.

That must have been awesome! Ian, having been the owner of a salmon raising factory, makes sense he'd have knowledge in marine biology.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Brilliant. I have always enjoyed their stuff, and Tull is a band that really delivers live.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Love Jethro Tull, never had a chance to see them live.

Ian Anderson is a gun enthusiast, long ago in the 70s I heard about his love of shotguns. But this post from a few years back at the Tull website reveals more.

quote:
We band guys enjoyed a morning at the F6 Labs range in Long Island where various government protectors of Homeland Security go to experience the latest in hi-tech defensive handgun techniques with their video screen hostage situations and desert warfare scenes. Navy Seals too, apparently, have trained there. None of the other musicians had ever touched a handgun before so were a little apprehensive but they soon got the hang of it with expert safety advice from the range master. We were using Glock 10mm pistols. Not my cup of tea, really. I am a single-action Colt/Browning guy although I have a soft spot for the Sig-Sauer 9mm P228 and 229. Best and safest of the double-action modern breed of defensive weapons. My Barstow-barrelled Browning Hi-Powers with the reworked triggers and Pachmayr grips were my favourites. But now, sadly, deactivated under UK law. Balls cut off and no working parts. I know how they feel. Pre 1997, pistol-shooting was my golf. My darts. My fishing. No more…

http://jethrotull.com/ian-ande...lloween-2013-update/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16690 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They are beloved in Germany and I got to see them twice while stationed there from 1991-1995.

Both times in Frankfurt:

1992: Frankfurt Alte Oper (Old Opera House) Amazing night and a song from when I was there was recorded for a live album!

"Life Is a Long Song" (Frankfurt, 12 May 1992)

This was an acoustic tour during the heydays of the whole MTV "Unplugged" era

1993: Frankfurt outdoor music fest

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I saw them in concert I believe it was 1970 or 71. While I liked the show, I have since turned off his music when it comes on the radio. At least 10 years ago I listened to an outtake of one concert where Ian was lecturing us Americans about how screwed up we were having invading Iraq. It disgusted me that people paying to see them in concert got lectured about how evil our military is.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Saw them in 1972 at the Manley Field House at Syracuse University not all that long after their Thick as a Brick LP was released. Fantastic concert! Big Grin

Here's the playlist from that concert:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist...use-ny-13c795f9.html

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Except for Ian, I'm not impressed with the rendition of Aqualung, and don't care for the orchestra sound.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
A friend introduced me to JT around 1977, when Songs from the wood came out. Followed by the live album of that tour, the must have Bursting out.
Saw them live 3 or more times until the disgusting (to me) A album. Saw them live then too. I liked Jobson´s credentials and F. Zappa musician but Eddie Jobson did his best to steal the show and camped the center of the stage, Martin Barre was so embarrased that he spent most of the show playing behind a column of speakers.

After that I called it quits and stuck to occasional listening. Fond memories of their shows. They were top notch on stage.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I saw the “Thick as a Brick” tour. They opened with the title track and it went on for...40 minutes? As the crowd noise died down, Ian Anderson again stepped up to the mic, “And now, for our second number...”

Memorable was a telephone ringing away, sitting on a piano on stage. Finally, a man in a full frogman’s suit, complete with flippers, walked out from stage left, answered the phone, then left the way he came.

I think “Aqualung” remains my favorite Tull song, and they played it that night.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post