SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    INDY car racing 2020
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

INDY car racing 2020 Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted
Today was supposed to be the start of the 2020 Indy Race season. First race in St. Petersburg, Florida. Well guess what..the Coronavirus hysteria has this race AND the next three cancelled.

(Hysteria = 2020 flu deaths, 4,300
2020 Coronavirus deaths 32
stats as of 03-10-20)

After a several year hiatus on my part, I had plans to attend Long Beach again with my son this year. Thanks Coronavirus Mad

Looks like May 9th will be first race of this 2020 season.

These cancellations are going to be costly for the Cities/tracks that put on the cancelled races. As are all the other nationwide cancelled events.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1368 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
My annual Indy tickets came in the mail last week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Last I'd seen, COTA was still a go. They'd applied for an exemption to the large gathering ban.

F1 is a mess too, first race is due to be Zandvoort in May now, Aus cancelled, China cancelled, Bahrain & Vietnam postponed.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post