SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ozarks on Netflix
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ozarks on Netflix Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Just finished the series. I'll certainly continue next season. Very interesting twists and unexpected events. Shocking changes of direction. Kept me paying attention.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
We finished it last night. Certainly took a couple unexpected turns at the end. Looking forward to next season.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
We finished it last night. Certainly took a couple unexpected turns at the end. Looking forward to next season.

Yep, after the first episode I wasn't sure, but they did a good job of developing the characters along with the story line. Ruth for one made a major transformation as did Wendy. The daughter, (can't remember her name off and) was a bit of a PITA but showed a little redemption at the end. I can see her being an even bigger PITA in future seasons which would be a turn off for me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best viewed over some nice, cold lemonade.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:

Note to self, be wary when offered lemonade by a farmer in the Ozarks.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
Episode 9 goes full retard within the first two minutes. "Typical" gun store employee helping someone lie on their forms, "high capacity" mags. Put a real damper on the show, you can tell some liberal loser wrote this episode.

Yeah, that wasn't remotely subtle. There was also the Obama campaign story, there was a global warming quip, definitely a libtard at the wheel, but it's an entertaining first season. I enjoyed it.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed binge watching this series. Looking forward to hopefully another season.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Johan's friend bought him a rifle, what rifle was that?

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
Johan's friend bought him a rifle, what rifle was that?

Looked like a modified Mini 14.

Sure seems like the local poppy people should have far more muscle for that type of operation.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Thanks

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Best tv show I have seen in a while. Can't wait for season 2.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
Episode 9 goes full retard within the first two minutes. "Typical" gun store employee helping someone lie on their forms, "high capacity" mags. Put a real damper on the show, you can tell some liberal loser wrote this episode.

Yeah, that wasn't remotely subtle. There was also the Obama campaign story, there was a global warming quip, definitely a libtard at the wheel, but it's an entertaining first season. I enjoyed it.

They are from Chicago.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
This first season was tolerable. But was far short of an Elmore Leonard storey. Certainly needed better dialogue & consistent character development.

Badly in need of financial technical advisor. Virtually all life insurance benefits are payable after 2 years. Sadly the writers have no idea how money is laundried. $50,000,000 to go through an Ozark titty bar & boat dock. Wow... get some help. Please.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a lot I find fault with in this series, but I still have enough interest to put many of my quibbles aside to see how season 2 progresses.

Question for SIGforum members -

Do you think Buddy (old dude living with the family) is ex-military or ex-law enforcement?

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was entertained by this show but I have to agree with EasyFire.

Posts: 377 | Location: North Mosquito County, FL | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
I thought it was 8 million through there and 50 million next, which generated the need for the drug business but maybe I misunderstood. Either way I liked the show and look forward to seeing who the cartel sends next.

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Yeah it was a small amount as a trial run / proof of concept / please don't kill me and my family. They were expanding towards the end hence the box truck & need to deal with the opium farmers.

Side note, I keep seeing a commercial now for lemonade where a man is drinking some on a porch and all I can think about is this show now.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Didn't see that coming. Kinda want a mini-14.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
It was decent. I might be down for watching season two. It was a Breaking Bad Wannabe. I found BB to be generally more believable in terms of how and at what rate the characters developed, but I guess the writers know we know what they know, and where they were headed with the show.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:

I see what you did here!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post