SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    SF Finest Ears: Bill Evans sugestions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SF Finest Ears: Bill Evans sugestions? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
We have excellent advise for everything here so I request your knowledge and assistance picking the finest and coolest/most romantic album of Bill Evans.

I have a few CDs stored somewhere but it's too much trouble looking for them.
Am fine with solo and duets but love trios. Not fond of duos with guitar, though.

Started thinking of Lyle Mays piano originally but upgraded a few notches...

Eyes and ears opened for similar player.

Thank you.

0-0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 0-0,

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Keith Jarrett maybe or Dave Brubek.
McCoy Tyner.
Bob James is one my favorites but a bit more up tempo than the others.
Check em out.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Hi there.

Looking specifically for Bill Evans.

Got Jarrett covered, I own over a dozen of his albums and carry two of them permanently in
my phone. Also have a couple or more Tyner and Brubeck albums. Like Dave, McCoy not so much.

Must say I never payed much attention to Bob James. As you say, he's a bit up tempo. Must have taped a few CDs in the late 80's and that was it.

Been listening and enjoying Paul Novetny, Marcin vasilevsky and Trio Elf lately and want sonething in the same style. My phone has currently a lot of old guard duos, mainly piano-piano, piano-bass and piano-sax with a few trio to spice things up.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post