Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Han Solo film Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Was very pleased to hear Ron Howard is directing. Finally an ace director doing a Star Wars film. Finally!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Betcha Han won't shoot first :P

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
Betcha Han won't shoot first :P

I know you are joking, but they could tie that into the script in a way where Han learns to always act first. Maybe him hesitating gets a friend of his killed and he learns a valuable lesson. That would be cool.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
No, remember the new "canon" is that he shot second so it wouldn't work. I'm surprised if he will still be allowed to be a drug smuggler

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was really stupid for Lucas to comment on who shot first. Han is supposed to be an outlaw, a criminal, dealing with the lowest most immoral characters. No one like that would wait for someone else to shoot. He's a scoundrel, not an 18th century gentleman in a duel. I wouldn't be surprised if his blaster is permanently set to stun in the new movie.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
yup, he's a drug smuggler working for a cartel, and has no problem killing people who get in his way. Who knows what they turn Han into in this one

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
No, remember the new "canon" is that he shot second so it wouldn't work. I'm surprised if he will still be allowed to be a drug smuggler

Easy. Just *IGNORE* the 'new' canon.

Revert back to the theatrical releases. Han shot, period. There was no need to wussify him, by inserting that stupid/cheesy head jerk thing. Greedo was getting ready to kill Han, so Han shot him. Self defense, plain and simple. In the real world, after all, one isn't required to let the bad guy get the first shot off.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Easy. Just *IGNORE* the 'new' canon.

Revert back to the theatrical releases. Han shot, period. There was no need to wussify him, by inserting that stupid/cheesy head jerk thing. Greedo was getting ready to kill Han, so Han shot him. Self defense, plain and simple. In the real world, after all, one isn't required to let the bad guy get the first shot off.

Yes in our minds Han shot first, but I was responding to the comment about if in the Han movie he would learn to shoot first, wont happen because of the new version