SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Naturally funny comedians.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Naturally funny comedians. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I go way back for this one.
Red Skelton, he could do comedy and drama.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
The funniest part of Tim Conway, Carol Burnett, Harvey Kormann, et. al. was watching them try not to crack up when Tim was on a roll.

Mrs. PHPaul and I frequently lament the absence of shows like The Carol Burnett Show. Classic TV, and not a f-bomb or crude sexual reference in the entire series.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Robin Williams and Jonathan Winters come to mind.

Robin Williams is well known for stealing other comedians jokes

Yeah, I used to follow standup in the 80s, guys like Bobby Slayton, Tom Kenny, etc. These comedians used to appear on a morning radio show to talk and bullshit about the standup scene and it was very much acknowledged that a "certain famous San Francisco comedian" was a notorious joke thief. The most well known story was when Williams went on Letterman and did a bit that was word-for-word exactly like Ray Romano's bit he created years before. Also Williams used to carry lots of cash to pay off comedians that he ripped off.

Knowing all of this tainted my opinion of his standup. But the guy was an excellent actor; my favorite was his role in Chris Nolan's Insomnia

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My version of naturally funny .

making people laugh w/o a script or pre written jokes.

when you walk up to a guy and offer a topic and the first 9 words out of his mouth have you grinning.

there is "funny " with a script. and then there is just plain old funny from the hip

Yeah I agree with bendable and there are two that come to mind: Groucho Marx on You Bet Your Life and Steve Allen on the Tonight Show which preceded Johnny Carson.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Don't know if anyone has mentioned Tim Allen yet. I saw him here in Houston when he was still doing stand up...it was his "Men are Pigs" tour. I just about choked, I was laughing so hard.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to agree on Lewis Black. He can talk about his day and it comes out funny.
Jim Gaffigan does a good job just talking and it flowing well.
The late Mitch Hedberg was known for his jokes and his spiel, but if you really listen to him talk and the way he thought he was truly gifted and naturally funny.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always been a fan of Don Rickles, Buddy Hackett, and Rodney Dangerfield.

For the last 20 years I have enjoyed watching Sinbad do stand up.

Is he the funniest out of everyone, no. BUT his act is clean without all the foul humor.

While I was growing up it was a big deal in our house when HBO would have a special on Saturday night. When he would be featured on a special my maternal grandparents would make it a point to come up from Southern Ohio so the whole family could watch it. He is one of the few comedians my grandparents would watch because he did not use that "language" (as my grandmother used to call it)

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Larry the Cable Guy - Git-R-Done

Jeff Foxworthy - You Might Be a Redneck

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
George Carlin.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
An honorable mention for Sigmonkey...he finds humor everywhere

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a lewis black fan, Robin Williams was good in some things. Most of the others listed I agree with.

Jackie Mason
Mel Brooks,
Chevy Chase
Dom Delouise
John Candy

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Bill Burr

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Emo Phillips

"Some mornings, it's not worth chewing through the leather straps"

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob at the Beach:
An honorable mention for Sigmonkey...he finds humor everywhere

I always wanted to do stand up, but I was afraid people would laugh at me...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Don Rickles, Robin Williams, Rodney Dangerfield.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Robin Harris
Redd Fox
Bernie Mac

All RIP

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Mike Armstrong

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...2&list=RDp5bMLtH9Hqk

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5bMLtH9Hqk

Tape Face

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0MiVgnvTN8

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Pinette, Richard Jenni, Tim Allen, Rodney Dangerfield, Johnny Carson. So many.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Brother Dave Gardner

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
My favorite comedian right now is Andrew Schulz. The guy is amazing. You definitely wouldn't want to be in the front row at one of his shows!

https://youtu.be/juqUnA94NyQ

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post