SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    OZARK- Season 3 is coming out tomorrow 3/27!!!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OZARK- Season 3 is coming out tomorrow 3/27!!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Great series - we watched all 3 seasons over the past two weeks.

SPOILER !!!!

Can someone refresh my memory regarding what happened to Rachel ? Last thing I remember is she was in the hospital from her overdose ?

MDS

Posts: 375 | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Don’t remember her offhand, just finished the series yesterday.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harleysbluff:

SPOILER !!!!

Can someone refresh my memory regarding what happened to Rachel ? Last thing I remember is she was in the hospital from her overdose ?

MDS

Spoiler!!!!!!!!

4 line break

Agent Petty arrested her as she was leaving the hospital. Marty then threatened Petty with that video of Petty’s mom being given drugs. Petty requested a transfer home and it appeared Rachel was let off but Petty was killed shortly after so who knows if his boyfriend will continue to pursue her at a later time.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Agent Petty arrested her as she was leaving the hospital. Marty then threatened Petty with that video of Petty’s mom being given drugs. Petty requested a transfer home and it appeared Rachel was let off but Petty was killed shortly after so who knows if his boyfriend will continue to pursue her at a later time.

Too good a character to not show up again, at least I hope. If Marty ever exhibited a libido, this is who he should be hooking up with.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
All I know. Is Tom Pelphrey (Ben Davis) is the star of a lot of these episodes. Guy acted his ass off.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
All I know. Is Tom Pelphrey (Ben Davis) is the star of a lot of these episodes. Guy acted his ass off.

Hmm, it's demonstrably true he still has it Smile

***Major Spoiler***

A lot of good YouTubes about Ozark S.3. Run through this one to be reminded how good this season was or save it as a reminder when Season 4 fires up.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ok1AgBEPU

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

He was great in Banshee as well. Though he had a somewhat minor role, really enjoyed his acting on that show.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:

My wife worked with a psychiatrist for over 30 years running his private practice and the episodes after Ben quit taking his meds moved her to tears. He was well coached.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finished S3 last night Eek
I'd read a bit too far into this thread, but it was still a shocker when it happened.

quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by Harleysbluff:

SPOILER !!!!

MDS

Spoiler!!!!!!!!

4 line break

Marty gave her a wad of cash for the Blue Cat & a plane ticket to a rehab facility in Florida.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, I agree with you. Last night, when I finished season 3, I was thinking this guy is really good how come I don't know him? Apparently, he is primarily a TV soap actor. I think this role will jump start his career.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
While I was watching Season 3 last night, I heard Helen (Janet McTeer) talking and thought to myself that she may not be American. Sure enough, pulled up IMDB and saw that she is British. I have had the same premonition watching other shows when certain words come out slightly off. There are increasing numbers of foreign actors, particularly British and Australian, that "fake" American accents during TV series and movies.

A few others that come to mind:
Andrew Lincoln - Walking Dead
Lauren Cohan - Walking Dead
Robert Taylor - Longmire
Ben Mendelsohn - Bloodline, Outsider, etc.

Peter Mullan, Jacob Snell on Ozark is Scottish. I knew there was something off about his accent too.

My wife & I watch a lot of Britbox. It's always telling when someone who isn't an American plays one.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
While I was watching Season 3 last night, I heard Helen (Janet McTeer) talking and thought to myself that she may not be American. Sure enough, pulled up IMDB and saw that she is British. I have had the same premonition watching other shows when certain words come out slightly off. There are increasing numbers of foreign actors, particularly British and Australian, that "fake" American accents during TV series and movies.

A few others that come to mind:
Andrew Lincoln - Walking Dead
Lauren Cohan - Walking Dead
Robert Taylor - Longmire
Ben Mendelsohn - Bloodline, Outsider, etc.

Peter Mullan, Jacob Snell on Ozark is Scottish. I knew there was something off about his accent too.

My wife & I watch a lot of Britbox. It's always telling when someone who isn't an American plays one.

He plays Delos in Westworld as well. Took me a minute to place him.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I could have used a few more episodes, it's gonna be a long wait for more.
Bateman is great in this show as is Julia Garner. I hated her in the Americans but love her in Ozark. I think I might be falling in love with bat shit crazy Darlene too.

I thought Rachael found Marty's money, ripped him off and disappeared. It's been a while so I could be foggy on it. I have been wondering if she'd pop back in at some point myself.

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I think I might be falling in love with bat shit crazy Darlene too.

Maybe you have a GILF fantasy.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

I thought Rachael found Marty's money, ripped him off and disappeared. It's been a while so I could be foggy on it. I have been wondering if she'd pop back in at some point myself.

Petty found her after her drug-binge car crash.
Kept her drugged up & spying on Marty.
She outed Petty & Marty bought the Blue Cat off of her & send her to Florida to rehab.

posted Hide Post
Finally got done with s3...much more emotionally draining than the first two. Laura Liney should get an award for this season, she had to display a massive swing of personalities, reactions and intensities for Wendy.

Ruth getting-in with Darlene is crazy, Wyatt with Darlene is sickening...hillbillies do what hillbillies do. I can see Darlene loosing it at some point, either Crossgrove Jr will kill her or, his dad will end up getting sick of her, leaving Ruth and Wyatt to run the Snell's opium operation.

I really liked Helen Pierce, her physical stature helped lend to her intensity. Many of main roles are played by women, the storyline is so good, that the issue of gender is not an issue unlike other programs who think it's necessary to jam it down the viewers throat.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Did NOT see that ending coming.

I was a little burned out at the end of Season 2, now I can't wait for Season 4!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post