SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Any Jordan Peterson fans here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Jordan Peterson fans here? Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted
These days I spent quite a bit of time in the shop. My two sons have finally got me to listen to podcast/YouTube videos, as the content has really started to change and become exceptional. Pretty certain it’s the death of TV at this point. There’s just nothing as valuable or intellectually stimulating as what’s available now on the Internet.

Another key point is that I now have hope for the younger generation knowing That tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of people are listening to this JP stuff and supporting it. Mostly young males; but it gives me a lot of hope for our society if they will listen and can act on messages such as below.

https://youtu.be/04wyGK6k6HE

Granted this is two or three years ago, but I use this one as an introduction to Jordan Peterson because the preface/rationale for his beginning is included in this podcast. I hope you enjoy it.

One of the more surprising things was understanding the reach with which YouTube and other Internet channels provide far exceeds anything books, print media, television can provide as far as reach. Clearly things like podcast with Joe Rogan exceed all of televisions reach. Mind blown.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Naw, none Big Grin

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yep...there are quite a few fans here.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Absolutely!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Currently reading 12 Rules for Life.

It is fantastic.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Smile

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post