Find
Notify
Tools

Shane Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
One of my favorite scenes from any film.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
One of my favorite scenes from any film.

Prove it. Wink

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Probably no need to restate my admiration for the movie Shane. Favorite Western, without a doubt, one of my favorite movies of any genre. So many little things that together made a great movie

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The dog that slinks out of the room when Jack Palance stands up- the same dog does the same thing when Palance first shows up in the film.

I love the fade edits George Stevens uses when switching between Ryker's place and Starrett's homestead.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I spoke of all the “little things” that make Shane a great film. The undercurrent of attraction between Shane and Marian, Stonewall Torrey crossing the muddy street to face Jack Wilson, Stonewall’s burial—the vignette of the little girl and Joey over by the nursing mare, hitched to a wagon, with a foal at her side. Joey moves to pet the foal, “She’s gone’ bite ‘cha,” the little girl warns. Ryker’s men riding through Marian’s garden, their horse’s feet tangling in the string around the garden. How loud the guns were. What a great movie

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always thought Ladd was underrated as an actor.
This Gun For Hire is one of my favorite Ladd movies.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
Shane was required reading for my 8th grade English class. We got to watch the movie after we were done with the book. 25 years after that assignment, Shane is still one of my favorite books and a go-to when I'm in a western mood.

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 586 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
He was a pretty tuff bird to take that rifle blast in the end and ride off in the end bleeding. When the kid was yelling to him as he faded off in the dark, I almost thought he was going to fall from his horse but didn't. I really enjoyed the whole flick Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post