SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Have you ever turned off any TV show or film right before its end?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you ever turned off any TV show or film right before its end? Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
American Horror Story: Hotel.

I gave up with about 2 episodes left, don't know why I lasted that long, it was horrible. I avoided the last season as well.

I gave up on Freak Show about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way in. I just couldn't get into it anymore.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
First time I watched Goodfellas, at the scene where a guy was in the trunk of the car and they were driving to bury him after just having dinner at the mom's house. Ray Liotta starts hearing a noise coming from the trunk. They open the trunk. Joe Pesci stabs him several times. Then Robert Di Nero shoots him a couple of times.

I stopped the movie at the point because I got scared. I knew that was a depiction of a real event and people out there are quite capable of doing this and do do that regularly.

This was way past the halfway point of the movie.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I had to turn-off, that stupid Cloud Atlas movie half way through-it! I couldn't even follow the friggin' thing!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Battlestar Fracking Galactica.(reboot)
Just kept getting more lost/annoyed as the final season went on. Didn't watch the finale. Just stopped caring.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, during its first run in movie theaters. Nauseating to watch the acting and listen to the pathetic dialog. Plus it didn't help that the seats we had were horrible. Wife and I got up and walked out about 10 minutes before the end. Over the years I probably have inadvertently seen the ending at some point with relatives and family events and some such given the kids in our clan who loved these SW films. No telling how many times that they've had them playing in the background during gettogethers and functions. But frankly if pressed I couldn't tell you how the storyline ends for that film.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OneWheelDrive:
I watched all of Quantum Leap and missed the very last one. Never went out looking for it. Liked the show, but thought the ending might ruin the experience.

I also missed the last episode of MASH when it aired. Took about 20 years before I caught in on reruns.

You NEED to watch the Quantum Leap series finale. It was fantastic.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Blood Lines, started last episode and turned it off within 10 minutes, Miss Sloan or Sloan or what ever, I made it to the trial at the end, I just decided I'd watch, but a deaf, dumb and blind man could see she was going to pull something out of her fundament and everybody would would sign on to her crusade. Does falling asleep in the last half hour of Rogue One Count? Could.Not.Watch.

I try to make up for my artistic failings by how many times I've watched the first 20 minutes of Dead Pool. It's because of the music, yeah, that's it, the music.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If I've come that far, I'll finish it. Did it with SOA, True Detective Season 2, and Dexter.

Granted it wasn't seat of the pants watching the finale, more like "lets see what bullshit they come up with now".

Glad I did, at least I know what happened.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I can't think of any that I've turned off right before the end on purpose, but there have been many films where I've fallen asleep towards the end.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post