SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Have you ever turned off any TV show or film right before its end?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you ever turned off any TV show or film right before its end? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
No. I have to see it through to the end. Even if it's crap, I need the closure. I hate the trendy non ending endings that some shows have. I need to see the bad guy dead and the good guy get the girl.
~Fin~

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I've lost count of series that we get about 80-90% through and just stop. If I only had 1 episode left I'd probably watch it out of spite.

For movies, that triggers ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz followed by me telling the wife I don't want to catch up on it tomorrow.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
The Hobbit. During the battle when Smaug attacks Lake Town, one of the dwarves said, "I got tbis." Turned it off right there.
Tbe whole movie was disappointing but that was the last straw.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Fargo. The first season with Billy Bob was great. The others I bailed on.

Wow, I thought the second season was great, especially the last couple of episodes. The first and thrid, they were ok, but not great.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I finally saw Deadwood last year and while I didn't stop watching the last season, I kind if stopped paying attention (watched it while doing other things) because I knew no matter what, it woukd be open ended and a letdown

^ Did the same with those giant disappointments, the Hobbit movies. Rented the. For $.99, figured I might as well see them through, but I stopped paying attention early on. So much so I have almost no recollection of the movies, other than them being a horrible waste of time, money, talent, resources and story.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Yep. Anything that becomes predicable and the characters become stereotypical. Sons of Anarchy comes to mind as does Weeds. I can't of any movies I quit on right now but I know there are a few.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Yep, usually they do something really dumb.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
American Horror Story: Raleigh. Got through the next-to-last episode and was so bored I never bothered watching the season finale.

For me, I really only enjoyed the seasons 1 and 3, and bailed out on the rest at some point.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6037 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Justified. My DVR missed two episodes of a season and I just never cared to go back. Boyd just became a joke, he would be dead or in jail a hundred times over, got sick of his character

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I can't think of a specific instance that I have. Granted, I've watched plenty of series and movies and bailed on them midstream but if I get well into it and near the end, even if I see it hit the iceberg I still hang on to the very end, hoping that it finds a way to redeem itself, even just a little bit.

Sons of Anarchy is one that if given the opportunity to love it again, is hsve bails in the last 10 minutes. Absolutely the worst 10 minutes of TV I've ever intentionally watched in my life. Wrecked the whole series off me.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gonna get me roasted I'm sure but I quit watching Game of Thrones after it caught up with the books.
Stopped watching True Blood after 2 seasons.
I'll be honest, my attention span is not long sometimes.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I quit on The Walking Dead right before the season finale. The writing really just became insulting and the joy was surely gone.

Posts: 1966 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Fargo. The first season with Billy Bob was great. The others I bailed on.

Man, it honestly gets better and better. And I love the Billy Bob season, but season two is outstanding, and what's his face does two roles justice in season three. So good.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
I quit on The Walking Dead right before the season finale. The writing really just became insulting and the joy was surely gone.

That's another one I forgot too. First 2-3 seasons and I stopped.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I turn off the nightly news . . . when my wife leaves the room.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I watched all of Quantum Leap and missed the very last one. Never went out looking for it. Liked the show, but thought the ending might ruin the experience.

I also missed the last episode of MASH when it aired. Took about 20 years before I caught in on reruns.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Blacklist with James Spader. My wife and I were faithful viewers, then it just got too convoluted. It didn't help when they would show scenes and plot twists in the previews, that never made it into the show.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomgun:

I should have bailed on Bloodlines after reading in the Lair how horrible it was at the end, but I suffered through it.
My wife was sleeping in her chair and she didn't even ask me what happened.

I don't recall for sure if I made it all the way through the first season. I didn't even click on the second season.

I HATE shows that appear to kill the main bad guy and then keep bringing him back in flash-backs because they've run out of plot ideas.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
The Blacklist with James Spader. My wife and I were faithful viewers, then it just got too convoluted. It didn't help when they would show scenes and plot twists in the previews, that never made it into the show.

Another one I bailed on. I just got tired of all the whining, the stupid fucking decisions she kept making and the multiple miraculous reappearances of the Bad Guy.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Sons of Anarchy is one that if given the opportunity to love it again, is hsve bails in the last 10 minutes. Absolutely the worst 10 minutes of TV I've ever intentionally watched in my life. Wrecked the whole series off me.

Three for three. I just got really tired of complete assholes being portrayed as the Good Guys. No planet I've ever lived on would see murderers, whore-mongers, drug pushers and gun runners as good guys.