SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Have you ever turned off any TV show or film right before its end?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you ever turned off any TV show or film right before its end? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
AMC's The Son- I watched every episode but the last one. I had it recorded and dumped it without watching it and I have no intention of watching it.

The second season of HBO's True Detective- I watched the entire season except for the last episode and have no intention of watching the episode.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
That second season of True Detective was truly not good.
My wife and I didn't watch the end and I have no regrets.
I should have bailed on Bloodlines after reading in the Lair how horrible it was at the end, but I suffered through it.
My wife was sleeping in her chair and she didn't even ask me what happened.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Yes.

True Blood.

I boycotted the finale because I was so disappointed in the change of writing and the "soap opera like" story lines towards the end. In my mind I imagined my own ending for Bill and Sookie.

I didn't trust the writers to do them justice.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fargo. The first season with Billy Bob was great. The others I bailed on.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much, yes.

Gave up on Lost. Also Sons of Anarchy.

Didn't watch The Wire to the end either. The nonsense about the homicide detective faking murder scenes was BS to me.

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
American Horror Story: Hotel.

I gave up with about 2 episodes left, don't know why I lasted that long, it was horrible. I avoided the last season as well.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Far too many to count. I guess in my old age I've become more discriminating, and Hollyweird has become more shallow and disgusting.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
To paraphrase Dr. Samuel Johnson, "You don't have to eat an entire roast to tell that it's spoiled".

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
American Horror Story: Hotel.

I gave up with about 2 episodes left, don't know why I lasted that long, it was horrible. I avoided the last season as well.

Yes! How could I have forgotten that little piece of crap.
It was easy to walk away from......

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
That current abomination on TNT called "Will", the supposed apocryphal life of Will Shakespeare before he hit the big time. Recorded the two 1-hour premieres on "The Hopper" for viewing later. Lost me after the first 20 minutes and deleted the remainder without further viewing.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Lost me after the first 20 minutes and deleted the remainder without further viewing.
Right, we've all done this.

However, I'm talking about something else.

Have you ever gotten almost all the way through a movie, TV series series or season of a series, then right at the end, you stop watching and don't go back.

That's what I'm talking about.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you ever gotten almost all the way through a movie, TV series series or season of a series, then right at the end, you stop watching and don't go back.

That's what I'm talking about.

No, but I am innately curious, and want to know how things turn out. That sort of thing would bother me, but I could accept it. In real life this sort of thing happens frequently, and this drives some people crazy because they "need closure". The ending to the Sopranos series drove a lot of people crazy.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted Hide Post
I did this with a show that I genuinely liked, Outlander. I got through all but 2 episodes and never finished it. No particular reason... I just suddenly lost interest. Yet I continued to read the book series and listen to the soundtrack. And the show itself was good. I don't know why.. Confused

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had series that I slowly lost interest in over time and stopped watching, but nothing where I knowingly switched it off with only one or two episodes to go. If I had invested the time up to that point and I knew there was a definite end in sight I would probably stick it out.

I came close with Braveheart. The torture scene made me very uncomfortable.

PS: The Son is supposed to be back for a second season, so technically you didn't stop right before the end, although you didn't know that at the time you decided to stop watching.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I did that with Sons of Anarchy. The wife and I watched the first several seasons together. Eventually my interest started to wane. By the last season, I had no interest in watching any more.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did that with Sons of Anarchy. The wife and I watched the first several seasons together. Eventually my interest started to wane. By the last season, I had no interest in watching any more.

Good call, I'll add that to the list with True Blood. I'll never understand how such great shows get so derailed sometimes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
No, I make up my mind long before it I watch that much. I can't think of anything that was good right up to the last 15 minutes and then became unwatchable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
but nothing where I knowingly switched it off with only one or two episodes to go. If I had invested the time up to that point and I knew there was a definite end in sight I would probably stick it out.

Yeah, against better judgement, I'm the same; being a masochist, I stick it out, even though if I bail on a movie, it is typically early on. But there are definitely some TV shows I should have bailed before the season closer. Walking Dead is a prime example; I should have deleted last season's final episode from my DVR, but noooooo, I had to take a peak. Just as I expected, a shitty closer to a shitty season.

I have regained my senses and have jettisoned the show. Now I have no interest in seeing preview clips, info for next season, or anything. I'm done.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did it with American Gods,although I guess technically, I only watched some of the episodes prior to forgetting about it. Too much weirdness.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you ever turned off any TV show or film right before its end?

This happened to me with Breaking Bad.
I was up to episode 271 and just couldn't make it all the way through to the last episode.

Razz

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post