SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Can we get some banjo music and players recommendations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we get some banjo music and players recommendations? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz-OMn1o22Y

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too many videos to post but here's a few more names to choose from and do research on:

Don Reno, Sonny Osbourne, Butch Robbins, Ralph Stanley, Doug Dillard, J.D. Crowe, Larry Richardson, John Hickman, Rudy Lyle, Eric Ellis, Carl Jackson, Alan Mundy, Bill Keith, and probably the best I ever heard...Bobby Thompson

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 810 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:
Hank Williams Jr. Foggy Mountain Breakdown

John Hartford - Gum Tree Canoe

Ashley Campbell (Glen Campbells daughter)

Buck Trent

Roy Clark

My first exposure to 5 string was probably watching Buck Trent on the Porter Wagoner TV show. I was always upset that his solos lasted no more than about 10 seconds. I couldn't decide whether his fingers tired quickly or Porter didn't want to relinquish the limelight for longer than that

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Roy Clark is a wonderful banjo player. He can be seen in Bev Hillbillies and Hee Haw.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I'll be doing some listening. Dave Hum was the guy I was trying to think of.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post