SIGforum
Can we get some banjo music and players recommendations?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/3640090724

July 12, 2017, 06:08 PM
bendable
Can we get some banjo music and players recommendations?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz-OMn1o22Y

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
July 12, 2017, 06:41 PM
Sig Marine
Too many videos to post but here's a few more names to choose from and do research on:

Don Reno, Sonny Osbourne, Butch Robbins, Ralph Stanley, Doug Dillard, J.D. Crowe, Larry Richardson, John Hickman, Rudy Lyle, Eric Ellis, Carl Jackson, Alan Mundy, Bill Keith, and probably the best I ever heard...Bobby Thompson

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know
July 12, 2017, 07:07 PM
NK402
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:
Hank Williams Jr. Foggy Mountain Breakdown

John Hartford - Gum Tree Canoe

Ashley Campbell (Glen Campbells daughter)

Buck Trent

Roy Clark

My first exposure to 5 string was probably watching Buck Trent on the Porter Wagoner TV show. I was always upset that his solos lasted no more than about 10 seconds. I couldn't decide whether his fingers tired quickly or Porter didn't want to relinquish the limelight for longer than that
July 12, 2017, 09:07 PM
4MUL8R
Roy Clark is a wonderful banjo player. He can be seen in Bev Hillbillies and Hee Haw.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
July 16, 2017, 10:08 AM
Valpo Fz
Thanks guys, I'll be doing some listening. Dave Hum was the guy I was trying to think of.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS