SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jack Reacher - Never Go Back
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jack Reacher - Never Go Back Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Same actor but differing results, so how much of it is actually the actor himself, isn't the movie director calling the shots?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
- The dialogue was awful
- The delivery was awful
- The camera work was awful
- The fight choreography was awful, just TERRIBLE
- The creativity involved with the plot, was on vacation
- The actors were barely at work, probably thinking about what they needed to get from whole foods on the way home

Even the fight scenes, the actors looked bored and barely had anything to do. It was just so very bad.

So, so, so very bad.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay...that bad, sooo who would have filled those shoes (JR) better?

Mark Wahlburg (5' 8"), Matt Damon (5' 10"), or Ben Affleck (6' 4")?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:

Vince Vaughn is 6'5", conservative, and it could be interesting to see him in an action role - if he could pull it off.

Or there's the dude that plays Colossus in the X-Men films. (had to look him up) Daniel Cudmore. He's 6'6" and can do action already.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Best Reacher would be Ray Stevenson

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MBOYD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:

Vince Vaughn is 6'5", conservative, and it could be interesting to see him in an action role - if he could pull it off.

Or there's the dude that plays Colossus in the X-Men films. (had to look him up) Daniel Cudmore. He's 6'6" and can do action already.

-Rob

I think Duane "The Rock" Johnson would be about perfect. Tom Cruise is absolutely wrong for this.

Posts: 684 | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
First one was good, the second was plain horrible.

This ^^

This first movie was really good. Very entertaining. I simply could not believe how SLOW this movie was...the first 30-40 minutes were excruciating, and you just kept waiting for it to get better and it never did. It languished for days. When my buddy and I walked out, we were numb and puzzled. I finally asked, "Was that as bad as I think it was?" He said, "Yeah, I just wasn't going to say anything."

In the first movie, Tom Cruise was a very capable and entertaining Jack Reacher. In the second one, I think he got lost in an all around bad product. He's more than capable in the role, but something else was just missing. If you want to see a helluva movie, watch "Hell or High Water" and just wait for John Wick 2.

Jack Reacher 2 is a complete waste of your time. I won't even rent it when it comes out on video, and I'm a Cruise fan. It's that bad.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Agreed x10. He would be perfect for the role.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I am easily amused. I was entertained. I agree the plot wasn't as good as the first, but I don't regret spending the $16 bucks to see it.

I did like The Accountant better.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Agreed x10. He would be perfect for the role.

Might be too old for the role. Ben Affleck might have worked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
No wonder. It was directed by Edward Zwick, not Christopher McQuarrie.

Not really a fan of Zwick. Legends of the Fall, Last Samurai, Blood Diamond.

All of them have plot holes so big you could drive a truck through them beginning with plausibility.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I didn't think the first one was really anything to write home about. Just a forgettable action movie. The accountant is head and shoulders above both Reacher movies combined.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching it now, terrible. Not even close to the book. I thought the first movie was decent but so far this isn't very good. I haven't read the book that the first movie was based on.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
- The dialogue was awful
- The delivery was awful
- The camera work was awful
- The fight choreography was awful, just TERRIBLE
- The creativity involved with the plot, was on vacation
- The actors were barely at work, probably thinking about what they needed to get from whole foods on the way home

Even the fight scenes, the actors looked bored and barely had anything to do. It was just so very bad.

So, so, so very bad.

In my opinion, extremely accurate review. The fight scenes were crap, it looked like Cruise didn't train or prepare for them.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I am pretty easily entertained but I was not a fan of this movie. I liked the first one pretty well but as you all said this one was pretty terrible.

At least I watched it on a flight from LAX to ATL so it was free.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their military advisor might have been drunk. Army folks don't do "Sir" sandwiches.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
No wonder. It was directed by Edward Zwick, not Christopher McQuarrie.

Not really a fan of Zwick. Legends of the Fall, Last Samurai, Blood Diamond.

All of them have plot holes so big you could drive a truck through them beginning with plausibility.

I love 1 and 3 and Last Samurai is ok. Direction and cinematography is great in those 3, imo. Zwick also did Courage Under Fire and Glory. He's definitely more known for the sweeping epic than the action movie, though. The director doesn't write the plot.

That said, based on these reviews, I'll never see this Reacher movie. Shame, too, as the first one was not bad.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Just watched it tonight. Yup, nothing good to say about it.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
pass on this one.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I honestly couldn't even finish the movie. it was TERRIBLE, and I was excited to see it.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post